Saturday, November 1, 2014

Saturday Randomness....

I am currently in Houston with my daughter helping her back to good health!!

She has been showing great improvement each day....until today.  :(

Last night, she felt something "pop" around her ribs and is in terrible pain this morning.  She didn't sleep the rest of the night, so I have her situated on the sofa, with a heating pad, and she has fallen back to sleep.

To keep things quiet for a while, I decided to update the blog.
However, I am only up for random bullet points...

** So hard on a mom to see your children hurting...no matter the age.

** Today I am very grateful for MY mom, who knew I needed to be with Alyssa and flew me here...see first bullet point.......I love her.

** I'm sad because this set back may cause Alyssa to miss something she has been looking forward to today.

** on a positive note, I got to visit my favorite place in Houston....Trader Joes!!!  I'm sure I will be going back again before I leave...good thing there is room in my suitcase!  Come on Arkansas...get with the program and get a Trader Joes!!

**  I am currently enjoying a cup of pumpkin coffee (from TJs)

** Alyssa and I carved pumpkins yesterday...


You are never too old to enjoy this!!!
Then I roasted the seeds......so good!!

** Steve and I have been fixing up the house, getting it ready to sell, and my thoughts right now are...why didn't we do all this sooner so WE could enjoy it!!! :/

** Steve's mom has been back in the hospital with congestive heart failure but is now back in rehab.  She's had a rough go of it the last 4 months and we are praying for strength to get back home and good health

** Even with all these "things" going on in our life....I am so very grateful that my God sees it all and  walks it with me.  I still have His grace and mercy that I don't deserve.  And no matter what mountain or storm I face....I trust Him.  He is my light in the darkness.

I love what Andrew Murray says in Waiting on God....

We have not to care for the light we need for our day's work; the sun cares and provides and shines the light around us all the day.  We simply count upon it, and receive it, and enjoy it.

Today I choose to enjoy the sun of God's presence in my life...

...and the peace He brings!

I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in His word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord.  More than they that watch for the morning: more than they that watch for the morning.  Psalm 130:5-6


4 comments:

Mari said...

Poor Alyssa! Rib fractures are so painful. Yes, it's so hard to see your kids hurt no matter their age. It was sweet of your mom to send you out.
When we've done work on our house we always wonder why we waited!
You two are talented carvers. :)

Anonymous said...

so sorry about your daughter. I pray she is better soon. I enjoyed your bullet points though. I didn't know you were selling your house either. We are currently doing some updates and wondering why we waited also.

Lynne said...

Hi Sara. Prayers for Alyssa's health to be restored, and for your house sale, too. I know what you mean about fixing it up, lol. I said the same thing the last time we sold a house. We might be saying it again, soon if a miracle doesnt' present itself. Anyway, blessings to you and yours!

The Bug said...

I'm SO GLAD you got to go spend time with Alyssa!!