Friday, October 17, 2014

What 36 hours with your daughter looks like....

I recently got the opportunity to hitch a ride to Houston with a friend who was going for a check up at MDAnderson.  Even though I would only get just over 24 hours with Alyssa, I JUMPED at the chance!!

Here is what you cram into 36 hours (besides lots of hugs!)....

First, there is a lot of snuggling and "please play with my hair, mom".  Then she will fall asleep on your lap and you won't mind one bit.  :)


 The next day you will make a trip to Trader Joe's (since your state is lame and doesn't have one) and you will stock up on food to take home and also food to make freezer meals for your girl!


Then the cooking will begin and you will laugh and joke and remake old old photos because your mom found some wax lips in a candy store and you want to humor her....



You will end up making/freezing 4 meat loafs, 5 containers of lentil soup and chili.


When the cooking is done, you will sit down and enjoy a cup of pumpkin spice chai latte (amazing!) you found at Trader Joe's and have a conversation about life and what God is doing.
 

Later, you will make another run to Trader Joe's because some of the things you bought were just too delicious to not get more of.......or maybe because you are just obsessed with Trader Joe's.


Of course, you will end the evening watching movies and playing cards!
I whooped her by the way!


The next morning you will enjoy a quiet morning and a cup of coffee and try not to think about having to say goodbye in a few short hours.
 

Then you will head to meet your friend and have just a bit more fun while you wait for her to get there (a good cover to keep you from crying)
 

And finally...
You will have to say goodbye. :(

But you will be so thankful for that 36 hours that will now carry you until the next time you get to see her.....and you will feel very blessed.

9 comments:

Just A Southern Girl said...

What a wonderful opportunity! Y'all are just too cute together :)

Sara@iSass said...

I have tears in my eyes! You are the best mom Sara! I can't help be slightly jealous that mine is so very different. I live 30 minutes from mine, and we rarely see each other. :0(
Each time you post of your children the love and pride you have for them shines through! I'm so glad you got some special time with your daughter and she with you!

Mari said...

How wonderful! I know about the tears, I still cry everytime Andy leaves. :(
Glad you got 36 hours - and Trader Joes too!

Anonymous said...

how fun! I love being able to go to all the Trader Joe's and Erewhon's out in California too. And I know how special that time is with your daughter. Happy for you!

Lynne said...

Loved this post and am so glad you got a visit in with your daughter. Got a huge giggle out of the lips, LOL.

Denise said...

What fun, what fun! Daughters are special indeed. That is why my daddy use to tell everyone " you need to have at least one daughter. If you have to get one from Walmart or order one from Sears everyone needs a wonderful daughter!" However, I do not see the picture where it says, 'gave her a big hug from her sweet friend mom nesbitt'! Just saying......

The Bug said...

So glad you got to spend the day together! I hope she's feeling much better soon...

riTa Koch said...

Such a blessed time!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

What a precious post. My daughter is in Moldova now working as a missionary....wish I could hitch a ride and have time to play with her hair. You and your daughter so remind me of Kat and me. Love it!