Saturday, November 10, 2012

Project 365 - Week 45





Week 45.

Well, this week took an unexpected turn for us.  My niece attends OBU in Arkansas.  She is from Arizona and is about an hour from me.  She has been sick on and off since September with strep throat and other illnesses and the campus doctor has not been able to figure out how to get her well.  I got a facebook message early monday morning to call my brother ASAP.  Kayley had gotten very sick over the weekend and after getting her and taking her to local doctors, she ended up in the hospital with a tonsilar abscess...it was a rough week for her.  She is still currently recovering at my house and in a lot of pain.  We would certainly appreciate any prayers for a quick healing and recovery!!


Sunday
 Some friends of ours are heading to Mexico as missionaries and stopped in LR long enough to attend church with us and enjoy lunch together. I took them to the apple store and helped them get a laptop set up before they left.

Monday
 Had Kayley in doctor's offices all day and a CT scan to diagnosis a tonsilar abscess.  She was put in the hospital for IV antibiotics this afternoon.  While waiting, she was trying to get her homework done for spanish class by connecting her phone to my laptop..it wasn't working well and she felt so bad it was hard to concentrate.


Tuesday
 Kayley is not better today, so another day of IV antibiotics and the doctor will reevaluate tomorrow.


Wednesday
 ugh...got a new iPod nano for my birthday, it won't connect to my iTunes because the version is too old...went to update iTunes and it can't be updated because my OS is too old. yay me.


Thursday
 Kayley is getting worse.  She can hardly open her mouth and is in so much pain.  The doctor has decided that her tonsils have declared themselves and they need to come out.  She is heading out to surgery and we are hoping that now she will be on the road to recovery!!!


Friday
 Kayley is getting discharged today and will be coming to my house until she is well enough to head back to school.  She asked me to stock up on her favorite soft food items.  However, I think ice cream, hot tea and broth will be it for a while!


Saturday
No, this is not peppermint in the vanilla ice cream.
When your throat hurts so much you can't swallow your pain pills, you resort to crushing them up into your ice cream....yum.

Please continue to pray for my niece.  She is still in a lot of pain and is a bit down about it.  Please pray for wisdom for her and her mom as they decide when she should head back to school.  We all just want her to fell better!!! 

Hope you had a good week...can't wait to see it!


10 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

So sorry about your niece but so glad she has you there!

I know her folks are so glad to have you close when they can't get to her.

Robin Lambright said...

What a good aunt you are. Seeing out children in ain is never easy. I hope she will be feeling beter and back at school soon. That compassionate mothers heart gives us all the desire to look oafter the ones we love, but it is also very taxing. Take care and get some rest!

Blessings
R

Lisa said...

Poor thing...that sounds quite painful. She is so blessed to have you there to take care of her!

The Bug said...

I've heard that getting your tonsils out as an adult is a lot more painful than if you have it done as a child (& I remember how much it hurt when I was 5!). Here's hoping that she's already feeling a LOT better. I'm so glad you were able to be there for her!

Amy said...

So sorry about kayley!
Good thing she has a place with y'all to rest and recoup.
Bummer about your nano, too. Sometimes technology just isn't worth it! :-/

Skoots1moM said...

i don't' even want to think of how badly that hurt...
hoping she's better and that there are NO longer-term effects
mine's up...late getting in tonight

Angie said...

Poor thing! Hope she is feeling better very soon!!

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

Sorry to hear about your hard week... praying for your niece....

Kim said...

Poor Kayley! Will definitely be praying for her. So glad she's near enough for you to take care of her!

riTa Koch said...

¡Pobrecita Kayley!
Do keep us updated.
I hope the professors are being considerate.

Where in Mexico were your friends headed to?