Thursday, November 15, 2012

November Currents

Since my niece finally got out the hospital yesterday and after a week and a half of watching her in serious pain I am mentally wiped out....I decided to steal a post from a blog that I thought was fun.  

Here ya go...

Current read: I have had a lot of time to read sitting with Kayley and am enjoying Anything: The prayer that unlocked my God and my soul.  I have spent more time highlighting in this book than any other in a long time...seriously good.

Current playlist: I just got a new iPod nano!  And I finally got my laptop OS upgraded so that it actually works!!! So my first download was 10,000 Reasons by Matt Redman and I am listening to it a lot!  I love the words of the title song!

Current food: sadly anything that is easy and fast!!!  with running back and forth to the hospital, I haven't been cooking much.....I miss it!  Cooking relaxes me and is a stress reliever.....I really miss it!

Current need: More hours in a day.  I seem to be in nonstop mode and I am tired of it.  I am supposed to be an empty nester for heaven's sake!

Current triumph: Getting Kayley to eat food and drink!! whoop!!!  Also, upgrading my operating system on my laptop, upgrading itunes and getting my iPod to work all by myself!!! yay me!

Current annoyance: nurses at the nurse station that act completely annoyed and grouchy when you buzz them.  Seriously, people in the hospital already feel bad..they don't need a grouchy person answering them when they need something!!!

Current indulgence: Sweet potato chips......love.them.

Current blessing: my children.  I love them and can't wait to have all of them together in my house in a few short days!!!

Current outfit: PJs and nice thick robe...it is surprisingly cold today in Arkansas!

Current excitement: Seeing my youngest son in less than a week!!!  I miss him so much!  Having him so far away has been harder than I thought it would be.

Current project: Well, it was supposed to be painting a few rooms, but I got side tracked with taking care of my niece.  Hopefully, I will get to it soon.  I have 3 rooms I need to paint! 

Current plans: Things are quiet here today.....so my plans will be to get this house in order and cleaned....it was seriously pushed to the back burner over the last 2 weeks....ick.

Current favorite store: The Loft.  They had an amazing sale recently and I was able to get a few really cute outfits and tops for cheap!  gotta love that!

What's on your list of currents?

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Being out of the house is draining for me, so I totally understand! Sounds like the timing was good so things can be stable for TDay

LuAnn said...

Glad your niece is feeling better.

Good Luck with that painting.

riTa Koch said...

The book sounds amazing, along with sweet potato chips, of course!
Glad the sick watch is over.
Now on to the holidays!

My big deadline is Dec 1 & 2. We are on Upland's Olde Tyme Christmas Tour of Homes! i am getting nervous. Hope to drag out all the Christmas decor next week and dig in.

Cathy said...

Hope you have a great time when all your kids are home next week. We don't get to see our college girl until December 13th.

Robin Lambright said...

Great list...

You are so right about being in the hospital, how draining it can be for both the patient and the caregiver. I remember when my DD was hospitalized for a full week we were so ready to go home. I had my list of the nice nurses and the nasty nurses. I wold cringe when it was shift change and I saw the name on the white board of a nasty nurse. I knew I was in for a long shift with my DD as well as a long shift of patient endurance of someone ill temper.

Blessings
R