Tuesday, July 27, 2010

brothers are the best....most of the time!

First off, in this picture....

my grandfather is the older one!!!
hard to tell in those dresses!!! ha!

As for that other pair?
Our relationship started early!!

Little did he know what was coming!

Though he wasn't so sure about this new arrival,
He loved her very much....

....she wasn't so crazy about him though.
Her mom says that she did all she could to get him in trouble as a toddler.

Yes, she did look up to him..

..and loved playing with him....

...but behind that cute smile,

...she was plotting revenge on how to get even with someone bigger than her!!

...she finally got big enough to realize that he was really ok.

...and that they shared an ugly stage together..
...really mom, a moo-moo?

And the two of them hit HS and became good friends.

...even better once in college.

and now, I don't know what I would do with out such a great brother.

I love him!

...though I still plot some revenge.
:)

9 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Too fun!

And oh my! That picture in front of the fireplace could have been me or my sisters with that hair cut! Bobby pin curls, right?!

Tori said...

Love the pics of you two!

SmilingSally said...

Aw, Sara, that's so nice.

I have a super brother too; he's my twin.

StephieAnne said...

I'm hoping for that same thing to end up happening for Brayden and Mikayla.....such sweet pictures.....

McCrakensx4 said...

What a great post and nice tribute to your brother! Love all of the pictures, especially the older ones! So very cute! Hope you enjoyed your time in AZ!

Karin said...

Awww...that was so sweet! I always wanted a big brother. :) Love all the old photos. Your mom was good about capturing those memories.

Christine said...

Big brothers can certainly be difficult! Having 2 of my own, I know all about that love/hate (but mostly love!) relationship. I'm glad you're still so close.
Your mom may have put you in a moo-moo, but I think all those cute Shirley Temple dresses make-up for it! Adorable!

Kim said...

You are the spitting image of your mother! The photo of her with your brother when she was pregnant with you -- I stopped and thought, "What's Sara doing in that cool retro outfit?" and then realized it had to be your mom :)

He & Me + 3 said...

Those pictures are amazing. I love them all.
Beautiful family you have.