Saturday, May 2, 2009

Project 365 - week 18

Week 18 of Project 365! I almost had a near miss this week. Tuesday, I got to the end of the night and remembered I hadn't taken a picture....that hasn't happened in a while. Taking pictures has become almost 2nd nature, but some days still get the best of me! However, my teenager came through......why did I doubt!! So many of you are still hanging in there and I love it!! I am also thrilled to have some people that have jumped in mid-stream!

It's never too late to document your life!

So I hope you enjoy my week! I can't wait o see yours!

Sunday

some of our youth are going to Brazil this summer on a mission trip.
today they had a lunch/auction fundraiser.

this was so fun!
great food, fellowship and they auctioned off some wonderful items!
Hope I get what I bid on! (I did!)

Monday

the dishes on the left are mine.....I LOVE them!
However, I can no longer get them....
So, if someone breaks a bowl or plate it can't be replaced....really bums me out!

till now.....
enter the dishes on the right.
Fiestaware colors match mine EXACTLY!!
these bowls were on sale at Kohl's for 60% off!!!

I am going to love mixing and matching them!

Tuesday
it's 9:30pm and I just realized that I haven't taken a picture today....
....so I quickly started looking around and this is what I found!

Teenagers are always good fodder for pictures! :)

Wednesday

These are my sweet bible study friends!
plus one "little friend" :)
today was the last day of our semester and we always end with a brunch.


Have I ever told you I HATE the game monopoly!
I refuse to play
My son convinced me to play his new monopoly "card" game tonight
"this is totally different than the board game mom"
ya, not really so different....but it did go faster and that was a plus!

Thursday

Dinner tonight....chicken pot pie
I always forget to take the picture BEFORE we eat!

Don't you love this casserole dish?
I have seen it on the Rachel Ray show and have wanted one for a long time.
Sunday, it was on sale along with the Fiestaware I got
LOVE it!

Friday

Final Band Concert
I couldn't get close enough for a good picture
my boys are on the middle row, both with glasses

go here to see some video

Saturday

I'm so excited! My books I made on Blurb came today!
I will be posting on them Monday.

Now it's your turn!



24 comments:

Cathy said...

Great pictures Sara. The dishes are so pretty and I can't wait to hear about the blog books!!!

riTa Koch said...

Great new design.
Enjoyed the music!
Curious about the books.
I just created Mother's Day customized photo cards today and am thrilled with the result, at least online. I'll take a picture when they arrive.

Mocha with Linda said...

Always love seeing your pictures each week!

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

I swear I saw a bowl similar to this (on the left) at GoodWill last weekend. !!! I should’ve grabbed it for you. I do like those substitutes though. Great vivid colors.
- - - -
Tuesday: That’s just ________ (?) I miss my teenagers. Must wait a few more years for the second batch to reach this “good fodder” stage. Funny!
- - - -
Wonderful group shot of you Bible Study Friends. Everyone smiles!!! Friends made surrounding God’s Word are of the MOST precious.
- - - -
I LOVE Monopoly. But I’ll still be your friend even if you don’t. I have not tried the card game yet. It’s on my gift list – but people keep overlooking it! :-[
- - - -
Omigoodness!!!! I’ve seen that dish too!!!!! You got this at KOHL’s??? I want it.
- - - -
I always heard that the French Horn and violin were the most difficult instruments to learn. True??? I play violin and my youngest daughter is learning and I say “yes.” What does Jared think?
- - - -
BLURB?? Never heard of it. I must come back on Monday. These look SO Professional. Neato!

Great chronicle of your week! My favorite picture from your collection this week is that monopoly card game. I’m just drawn into it. Great focusing! I want that game, family. (Like they’ll read this comment and run out tonight. HA!)

~esthermay

Amy said...

LOVE the casserole dish!!

my blurb books came in a few weeks ago, but i'm giving them to my mom and m-i-l for mothers day, so i havent mentioned them on my blog yet (they read it). :)
i am so impressed with mine! i'll definately be posting about them after next sunday.

Elizabeth said...

I love seeing your pictures every week. It's so much more fun since I met you and know more about you, you know? I adore Fiestaware and I hate Monopoly. We are meant to be friends! As long as you like Scrabble!

Debra said...

WHAT? You got Fiestaware bowls for 60% off? Girrrl, that's so awesome and I'm so jealous because I don't have that size bowls yet. I love the casserole dish too, by the way. I so enjoy your week in pictures....thanks for sharing. :)

Becky said...

What an exciting week. Love your dishes and the new fiesta ware and Kohls. Even though I have only been there once. I could have bought the place.

Monopoly cards sounds fun to me and I can't wait to see more of your books!

Dena said...

Great pictures as always! I had to laugh at your Tuesday picture. I could totally get the same picture at my house. LOL Love the dishes-so colorful!

LuAnn said...

I have Fiestaware and love it. Great find! Can't wait to see the Blog book.
Blessing this week!

Lisa said...

Wow! I guess you found the makeover you were looking for...very nice!

Those bowls look like they make food taste better! So glad your books came in...totally worth the price, aren't they?

Kim said...

You always amaze me with everything you have going on, week after week! I get tired just reading about it :-) But I never get tired of looking at your photos! They're always so good. I love the colors in your bowls! Looking forward to seeing your Blurb books. I looked at their website recently and am thinking about doing all our Project 365 photos in a book at the end of the year.

On a side note, our internet was too slow to watch the band videos yesterday so am hoping it will work this morning. I sure do miss true high speed internet!

SmilingSally said...

I want to hear about that book, so I'll be back Monday.

Jamie said...

I always enjoy your week in pictures. Love,love, love the dishes...that is such a great casserole dish.

sara said...

ok, Esthermay, go out and get the game...it's only about $5 I think!

yes, the French horn is very hard to play. He plays the double french horn, but thoroughly enjoys it!!!

Amy said...

while i'm thinking about it...yes, you can enter my giveaway and gift it to someone else. consider yourself entered. :)

Tiffany said...

Great pics for this week from everyone! I've been such a bum, haven't even taken the pics off my camera to edit! Will get them up this afternoon though and then link up! Better late than never right? lol

Sara@iSass said...

I always love your picture!
My kids love the fruit by the foot too!
MMMM Chicken pot pie. Yum. That IS a cute dish.

Christine said...

Great week, Sara! And I love the new look of your blog!

Jackie said...

Those dishes are amazing! Yet another reason to love Kohls, right? Those colors are so festive!

I got back from my trip so exhausted, so I'm skipping this week, but I'll be joining again next Sunday.

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Sara I always enjoy this post! Also I love the new look on your blog! :) More vacation tomorrow ;)

The Davidson Den said...

Wed.: Awww. I see some familiar faces in there!
Thurs.: Ooooh. I'm totally digging that casserole!! You did GOOD on your sale items.
Sat.: Thanks for the Blurb tip. I'm already looking into it--SUCH a good idea!! I can't wait to hear what you thought of the end result!

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

I love your new blog design!

H-Mama said...

i share those feelings when it comes to monopoly!! i think i literally cringed when someone bought my girls the disney edition. Lord. Help. Me.

love the bowls & books... i love scrapbooking, but haven't done much of it since my 2nd dd was born 7 yrs ago. this could be great when my blog has matured into adulthood too. ;)