Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Navigating life...


My quiet time was very convicting this morning.  It is always interesting to me, and sometimes painful, to see how God uses a situation I am praying for to bring change in me.  

My mother's heart was hurting this morning and I was praying for my son.....as a mom it is often very hard to watch our children navigate life.  As teenagers, we give them freedom to make more of their own choices so that they can learn from their mistakes under the protection of our home.  But it is painful to watch, especially when those choices hurt.  I am watching my son navigate through a situation that either choice he has to make now will hurt.  As his mom, I am hurting with him, though he can't see it.  You see, he agreed to do two different things (both good) this weekend not realizing they were both on the same weekend.  On one side, people are counting on him, on the other side he paid a lot of money to go......hard choices now.  As I prayed for him, I thought "Lord, if he would just come to me, check my calendar where I record everything, ask for my help at times....things would go smoother!"  Immediately, I felt the HS say in my heart "so many times I think the same of you.  If you would just check with me and ask for my help, things would go smoother".  Oh, how true that is!  How often do I jump into a "good" situation without consulting God and find myself in a tough situation.  

How merciful He is to help me out many times.

.......so as I watch my son make some tough decisions, I think mercy will be on my heart...........

5 comments:

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Ouch...but thank you! Wonderful post

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

More true than I'd like to admit...great post!

Blessings,
Sarah

Mark W said...

I agree... OUCH! We always want to wrap our kids in bubble wrap and keep them from getting hurt.. Thanks for speaking to my heart too.

Pat said...

Sara,
Thank you so much for visiting Pantylines! When I came to check out your blog I ended up with big fat tears on my checks! This is a good word and very close to home for me in many ways!
Well said sister! Very Convicting!
Bless you!
pat

Vicki Courtney said...

great post! thanks for your prayers for my son's travels today. I lifted your girl up as well!