Monday, September 17, 2007

I'm back

Well, I made a "quick" trip to Texas this weekend. On Thursday, I flew to Dallas, rented a car, picked up my Aunt and drove her 4 hours to San Marcos to the 100th year celebration of the high school/boarding school she and my mom attended. Most of you know that my Aunt was diagnosed last year with carcinoid cancer and she just wasn't up to the trip herself. My mom and dad few directly to Austin and met us there. They were also dedicating an alumni plaza that my mom and aunt donated to the school. to see a great picture of my mom giving a speech at the dedication, go to SMBA.org. There is a picture and short article on their home page. She did such an amazing job and really is a gifted speaker, although she doesn't think so!!! Sunday morning, we got up early and headed back to Dallas, I dropped off my aunt, headed to Jamba juice (couldn't visit Dallas without one!!) and then flew back to Little Rock...whew!!!! A very fast but great weekend. I have to say though that it was very hard knowing I was only 3 hours from Alyssa and didn't get to see her!!!!! My friend, April, drove up to see Alyssa march at the game and sent me a short video. If I can figure out how to upload it into the blog I will show it to you....but it will have to be later because I am TIRED!!!

1 comment:

GrangerBaxters said...

Hey, can you put the video on You Tube or whatever it is. I'd like to see it too :)