Thursday, February 1, 2007

Welcome to the South...so funny!

So, yesterday, my mom was flying in and I went to the grocery store to get some things for her. It was about lunch time and I couldn't figure out why the store was so busy. The lines were 6-7 people deep.....then it occurs to me...they have a winter storm warning for the EVENING, "possible" snow and these people are stocking up!!! Now the storm warning is for ONE day with it going back into the 40s by the next day and they are buying out bread and milk! too funny!!! Then on the 6:00 news, they have already started CLOSING schools....there is NO weather outside yet, but they are closing all the schools. We get up this morning to a "dusting" of snow and find that both boys schools have been closed. There are cars driving by my house...no ice, just a bit of snow....and school is closed....then we see clips on the news of the snow in the south bend area, a blizzard....yet I just bet school is still on......hmmmm

2 comments:

Tori said...

You should be glad that you are not here anymore. We are under a blizzard warning for the first time since 1978. Winds are up to 40 mph and windchill is -10 to -20. Basically, its MISERABLE!! As for now though...... kids will be in school come Monday:)

GrangerBaxters said...

This cracks me up!! When I loved in Oklahoma City they did the same thing....bless their little snow scared hearts! I remember that if there was ANY snow on the ground, no one ever stopped at a stop sign, they just crept thru and hoped no one hit them :) Well, good luck at stop signs! Like Tori said, we are absolutely FREEZING up here.