Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Just when I want to yell "uncle".....

.....God shows up!

I love that about Him.

As we walk through the trials of this life, it's easy to place our focus on the things going wrong and let them pull us down.

Lately, I have been working very hard to keep my eyes on God and not my circumstances....looking for the blessings scattered in between all the hard, the stress, the yuck.

But this morning, the proverbial straw landed....

...as I was cleaning (something I haven't been able to do well because of my frozen shoulder until now), my vacuum just stopped.

My first thought was....

are you kidding me?!!!!
We can't afford another surprise bill!!

Then I collected my thoughts and sent my husband to the Oreck store to see if it could be fixed.  As he walked out of the door he looked at me and said "guess I know what you will be getting for Christmas"  And in my mind I said "Lord, please let it be an easy fix.  I don't want a vacuum for Christmas!"

About 20 minutes later, my husband calls and says "Well, if I leave it the woman says she has to drive it to the other store (30 minutes away) and it will take a week to get back.  Or I can drive it there myself and see if they can fix it today.  It will cost $50 plus parts."  We decided to do it because that would be MUCH cheaper than a new vacuum.

Some time later, I hear Steve walk in the house......

..and he is carrying the vacuum!!!!  

...and it is FIXED!

.....but the best part?
when the man finished fixing it, steve asked how much it would cost.
The man looked at him and said...

....how about a hand shake!!

Wow.

You know, life is hard right now.
However it could be so.much.harder.

And when I choose to take my eyes off of my circumstance and put them back on God, when I choose to look for the blessings in between all the yuck....

....I find God is right there with me....carrying me through each one.  
And I see His blessings all around me.
Little reminders that I am not forgotten,

but loved very much.




8 comments:

Just A Southern Girl said...

Amen!

Just as it is the small things that sometimes send us over the edge, it is also the small things that show us so clearly He is in the details!

I remember a time when we felt "hard pressed on every side" and out of the blue I get a call that we'd won $50 worth of meat from the little store we always went to for meats and cheeses. I honestly don't even remember entering the contest :) The meat wasn't just a physical blessing, it lifted our spirits and reminded us He was right there with us.

Like today when God blessed you in a small but very real way, I pray many more such moments for you Sara!

Jackie said...

This made me tear up. I love how God sends us real, tangible reminders that He truly cares - right when we most need it. Praying for you, friend!

Mari said...

I love this! You have been faithful in keeping your eyes on Christ and being a testimony in the middle of the hard times.

Sara@iSass said...

I can relate to this so so so much!

The Bug said...

I love this story! Sometimes I lift like this can make SUCH a difference...

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh man.. I love when things like that happen. God working through others to make life easier for some.
So glad it was fixed.
God ROCkS!

Linda said...

Oh thanks for sharing that! I love it when things like that happen...and we think the very worst...but then good happens!

God is involved in every area of our lives...and we forget that even broken vacuums are no problem for Him...He is so very good isn't He?

Thankful for the man who did it for free just from a good heart!

God is good all the time!

LeAnne said...

YAY! I love what your friend Jackie said - God sends us real, tangible reminders that He truly cares. Hugs for you and Steve AND for the repairman who generously blessed you.