I am joining Wednesday Hodgepodge today!
1. Share something you appreciate (or something you appreciated as you were growing up) about your mother.
So many to choose from!! But I love that my mom was an amazing cook. And she was always up for trying new things in the kitchen and always allowed me to help. My love of cooking definitely started in her kitchen!! ...maybe this is what my husband appreciates the most about her! :)
2. A quote most commonly ascribed to Plato reads-"Necessity is the mother of invention." When did this last play out in your own experience?
This happens to me most often in the kitchen. Some of my best recipes have developed at 5:00pm when I have had a crazy day and just realize I have nothing prepared for dinner!!
3. Share one of the earliest memories you have from childhood.
I am not sure how old I was but it was Christmas morning. Of course as kids we had heard MANY times that if we weren't good Santa would bring coal and sticks for our stockings instead of gifts. Well, as my dad led us into the living room, the LONG way, I got a glimpse of my stocking and there were STICKS sticking out of it. I burst into tears and it took my parents a few minutes to figure out why I was crying. They had not even considered my reaction when they put SPARKLERS in our stockings that year!!
4. When did you last 'hit the mother lode'? What was it?
Recently, we had to empty my MILs house as she moved into a retirement apartment. In going through her basement, we found a beautiful tea cup collection that no one even knew was there. It was my husband's great grandmother's collection and I had the honor of adding it to my own!!!
5. What is/was your favorite dish mom made? Do you make that dish for your family/friends now that you're all grown up?
As I said earlier, my mom was a great cook and always experimenting, so there are many...but one of my favorites was getting cheese toast and/or cinnamon toast for breakfast. Very simple, but very comforting to me!! and yes, my children all love it too!
7. Which TV mom (past or present) is your favorite, and why?
I honestly can not think of anyone at the moment.
lame, I know.
I will blame menopause.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I will get to see EACH of my kids over this next week and I am beyond excited!! My middle son comes home today for just a day, my youngest son comes home from college on Sunday and we are leaving to visit my daughter next week!!!
makes this mama very happy!!!
Have a great day!!