Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A new year....

Wow,  I have so neglected this poor blog of mine.

I had hoped to post pictures and tell you about my trip to Ethiopia in October, however, life got derailed a bit for me by the holidays and kidney stones....ugh.

Let me just say that I would rather give birth than have another one....and I say that in all seriousness.  

But being down and then recovering put me way behind and this little blog just kept getting pushed to the bottom of the list...not that I had been doing a great job prior to the stones; but any idea of turning that around were gone.

However, there is nothing more motivating than a new year and one of your children ASKING you to blog about something for them!!

If you've been around here for very long, you know that my son Jason is a very talented musician.  He has recently put together a new band that he is very excited about....and y'all they are really good.  They have named their band Lore and this is what they say about themselves:

Lore:: knowledge gained through experience, passed from person to person by word of mouth.
As we started this journey, one of the hardest obstacles we had to overcome was deciding on a name. Fighting through cheesy and stereotypical and sifting through buzz words, we wanted to stamp ourselves with a name that captured the essence of who we all are; and not just us, but those around us as well.

We are stories.

This realization has fueled our project. We all come from different walks of life, good and bad, and we are fully loaded with tellings and tales that have rocked our worlds. As a band, we decided our mission was to unite each one of us through music centered around stories, tradition, and togetherness.

We are Jason, Emily, Jon, and Seth. But all of us,
We are Lore.


Below is their first video that Jason's very talented girlfriend, Kristen, (©Authentiqua Studios) created for them:



It is so fun seeing your kids doing what they love and being so passionate and excited about it.  They would love it if you would follow them on Facebook here!  

So, new beginnings all around...for my son and his band and for this little blog of mine.

Happy New Year!!
 

6 comments:

Sara@iSass said...

I've had two kidney stones 10 years apart. It is TERRIBLE! I loved the video! I want a signed CD when release one. I'm waiting to here about Santa...or has he returned to the North Pole for good?

Rebecca Jo said...

Dang it - I cant get the video up! :(

My mom suffers from kidney stones ALL THE TIME... I never want that experience in my life.

Cathy said...

They have a really good sound!

Glad to have you back. I've missed you.

riTa Koch said...

Welcome back!

Unknown said...

I only got to see part of the video and then the rest of it froze. What I got to hear was pretty good though.

Lynne said...

Hope you feel better, never had a kidney stone, not fun! I shared your son's group on my FB page and also sent you a friend invite. God Bless!