Thursday, February 7, 2013

For this I have Jesus...

I've been pretty absent from my blog lately.

Not because I don't have anything to say, but because I've felt that the things I can say seem so trivial when compared to what's in my heart.

Trials. We all have them.

They come in different shapes and sizes and at different times...some all at the same time....but they have a big effect on us either way.

We can wallow in our trials and play the victim.
We can trivialize our trials because there is always someone else's that seems harder.
We can try to handle them on our own....sometimes seeming to make them better, but knowing, most of the time in our hearts, that we are completely incapable.

or we can say "for this I have Jesus".

And direct our focus to the only One who can supply us with the resources we need.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

In that knowledge and trust, we receive the strength that we need to continue on through the trial to the other side.  Realizing that God has us exactly where He intended us to be.  And remembering that He can fit everything into a pattern for good, including the things you wish were different  (Jesus calling)

We have a choice.

I think the better choice is taking one step, one moment at a time and reminding myself that...

For this I have Jesus.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Well said. Will pray for you.

LuAnn said...

amen.

Lisa said...

So thankful. And ever praying with you.

Angie said...

Will be thinking of and praying for you, Sara.

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

That's beautiful...