Saturday, April 14, 2012

Project 365 - week 15

 Week 15.

Well, I guess I am not used to being back on the internet.  I did not get one post done this week.  I am going to have to work to get a happy medium going!  But I did enjoy visiting all y'alls blogs!!   I couldn't believe how much I had missed!!!  A lot goes on in 40 days!  :)

I had a great week this week......
Sunday
What a wonderful Easter service we had!
But the best part was the baptisms at the end.  This lovely lady is someone I really look up to.  She was sprinkled as a baby and has been a believer since she was a child.  She has always been fine with that but in the last month or so, she said that the Holy Spirit just wouldn't leave her alone and she felt God wanted her to be baptized.  She told me she was a bit annoyed at first and told God "really? at my age? and I have to get my hair wet?!"  But I LOVE what an example she was to each of us that no matter our age...God still uses us and still desires our obedience!!!  It was beautiful and there wasn't a dry eye in the place!

Monday
This picture was actually taken last night.  Jason and I both have whirly pops (I gave him his for Christmas) and we had them out making popcorn for the family......with LOTS of butter and parmesan cheese! yum!!


Tuesday
Now that our fast is over.....my bread dough has come back out!  
My family is very happy!


Wednesday
Steve and I found our selves alone for dinner and so we headed to our favorite sushi restaurant.


Thursday
Our Fine Arts council put on a luncheon in honor of our Fine Arts teachers today.  It was very fun!


Friday
Any one for a swim?!!
We opened our pool today...though it is a bit cold still the earlier warmer weather has caused the algae to really grow.  It will look clear and beautiful in a few days..well maybe a week!


Saturday
 We enjoyed an evening at the symphony with Jared and a friend.  The featured artist was a young percussionist from Germany...wow!  He was amazing and just flew all over this marimba!!

That's my week...how was yours?




16 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Love the pic and story of the lady being baptized! So sweet!!

I've wondered how those whirly pop pans work. I just do mine in a regular pan on the stove. I'll take the butter, but you can have the parmesan. . . . And the sushi. :-)

Welcome back to the blogworld!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Love the baptism shot and story. I knw you are glad to be back baking bread. Glad to have you back....I missed you.

Kim said...

I know what you mean about having a hard time getting back into blogging. When we were on furlough and traveling so much last year, I got OUT of the habit, and even now I struggle with posting on a semi-regular basis.

That sushi looks soooo good! Sushi is not an easy thing to find in Argentina :)

Such a touching story of the lady who was baptized!

Ahhh, I miss concerts! In Michigan we lived near a college that had a wonderful music department and there were always lots of concerts to go to.

You'll be swimming before you know it! Can you believe it's already the middle of APRIL?!

Have a wonderful week!

Lisa said...

Neat baptism story. I have many of those conversations with God. "Really God??" :)

You'll be having gobs of people over for pool parties in no time.

I've never tried Parm cheese on popcorn...I will next time though!

Have a great week!!

Amy said...

sigh...I played the marimba in high school; such fond memories. :-)
I enjoyed the baptism story, too.
have a great week!

Skoots1moM said...

such sweet times..
my stepdad had an 89yo gentleman come forward to join and be baptized...he stood in front of the church and spoke about having wasted too much time...what a powerful witness he was for their congregation
THAT sushi looks AWESOME...we had sushi last night but it wasn't that good
Need to get me one of those 'whirly' things...such fun!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a full week! I love your pool, I am very envious right now! I hope you have another great week.

The Bug said...

I was baptized twice as a youngster - the first time I was around 11 or 12 & then again around 16 or so (revival team convinced me that the first time didn't "take" - head desk). Thank goodness when I joined the Episcopal church they agreed that that was enough :)

Looks like you had a great week, but what I really want to discuss is the sushi - that just looks fabulous! It's been too long since I had any. I might have to get some for my lunch this week.

LuAnn said...

fun picture of you and Jason.

Can you believe I have never had sushi??

riTa Koch said...

We had an older lady (80's) baptized recently in our church. God has something to say to all of us as we watch that level of obedience.
I noticed the two harps in your last photo!
Popcorn togetherness, love that! Never tried with Parmesan.

Judy said...

I was in a similar situation as that older lady from your church. I was sprinkled when I was about 7. Then the Holy Spirit (through a guy who is now my son-in-law) bugged me and I was baptized when I was 47. At first I was a bit embarrassed, because I have lived as a Christian for as long as I could remember, but it was exciting all the same. (and I survived getting my hair wet.)

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

What a blessed Easter Sunday to end with baptism. We did that last year and it was wonderful!

That sushi looks amazing... what's the name of those rolls?

Welcome back to the internet world!

The Davidson Den said...

What a great day to be baptized! She's such a precious lady.

Ewwwww...your poor pool. Algae in itself is gross because of the slime factor, but I always think it looks snaky. Don't you?

Rach@In His Hands said...

Whirly pops are.the.best! We have popcorn every night around here. So yum!

Robin Lambright said...

Great story about the older woman. Sometime you just gotta get the hair wet!!!!

Great week, it has been ages since I had some really good sushi!

I would love to hear your insights into your fast over Lent.

Blessings
R

Robin Lambright said...

and YUCK to the green pool, it's amazing that it can go from such a yucky color to Crystal blue in such short order!

R