Friday, December 16, 2011

Letter of Intent

I'm joining Foursons for Letters of Intent today.
Here is what she say's about it:

Has entering the month of December sent you into a panic attack? Have the holiday blues hit you full-force? Have you called all of your credit cards to find out how much remaining balance is on them so that you can go shopping for gifts? Have you told your kids Santa isn’t real so they can face the reality of a very small Christmas this year? Or maybe your company is handing out a huge Christmas bonus this year! Well tell me about it…in letter form of course. Write the who, what, when, where, and why of it all. Grab the button from my sidebar, and link up at the bottom. I look forward to your Letters of Intent!


Dear Christmas Cards,

I am determined to get you out in the mail before Christmas.

I know that in the past say 27 years, that has happened only a few times....even when I have you in my hands well before Christmas....but I am determined to do it this year!

In order to insure this, I have:

* had you made and delivered by the first week of December. 

* decided not to include a Christmas letter.....which my husband usually writes but is too busy to.

* bribed my son to address the envelopes for me......this is a big deal and needed extra bribing because 2 years ago he lovingly addressed and stuffed all the envelopes for me and then I never mailed them....ever.  
He was still a little bitter over that.

* have bought all the stamps needed for the envelopes.......if I run out of stamps, those last few seem to never make it to the mail box.

So, there you have it.  I should be able to do it!  My Christmas cards might just be Christmas cards this year instead of New Years cards or even, yes, Valentines cards.  Whoot!  Whoot!

Signed,

The woman who is so proud of herself.....but not holding her breath!



6 comments:

Penny said...

I, miraculously, was able to get our cards out in one week. Not sure how...but it happened, lol.

Foursons said...

I admire you doing them at all. I simply don't do Christmas cards because I just don't need another thing on my "To Do" list. So you get all kinds of kudos from me for your efforts.

Thanks for linking up and good luck!

Kim said...

Living overseas has liberated me from sending Christmas cards and/or letters :) But I applaud your efforts to get 'em out on time! Go girl!

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie said...

I'm impressed! That was nice of your son to set aside his bitterness and address the cards again :)

Rach@In His Hands said...

Sign my name to this letter, too! I've had mine since November....why are they not out yet???