I took this idea from Meredith's blog.
Seemed like a good way to update you on life at my house.
So here goes...
Things that make me happy....
* cooler temps!
* great start to my son's senior year
* my son making the LR Youth Orchestra
* trying new recipes and loving them!
* a quiet house
* reading a book I have trouble putting down
* my daughter being able to just "stop by"!! It makes me so happy to see her face and be able to hug her...after 4 years of her being 8 hours away!!
* lunch with friends
* bible study starting soon
* having our children's program at church almost fully staffed for the year
* watching the US Open
Things that make me sad....
* the 5lbs I gained over the summer....ugh....added to the 5lb I gained in the spring.
* that So You Think You Can Dance is over
* one of my best friends dealing with cancer and being so far away
* watching the ugliness that can happen when we let pride get in the way of being church and seeing it tear apart a congregation (not my church..but one we support)
* that I know exactly how this pastor and his wife feel
* almost being done with a book I haven't been able to put down
* summer being over
* a quiet house...I know...it's a happy/sad kind of thing.
* people I love turning away from God
Things that I love......
* my kids wanting to come home for Labor Day weekend and bring friends
* my niece attending a college close to me and also coming to my house this weekend and bringing a friend
* the thought of how LOUD, fun and messy my house will be in just a few days!
* that my husband and I have our Friday date day back now that everyone is in school
* that my husband and I LOVE and look forward to our Friday date day!!
* good friends
* my family
* my relationship with God and knowing/seeing how much He cares for me
How about you? What things make you Happy, sad or love right now?