Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I'm not ignoring you....

....it's just been crazy busy around here.

I feel like I am neglecting this blog of mine and am out of touch on what is going on in y'alls lives.  I seem to barely have time to get Project 365 up lately.  But hopefully things will slow down (famous last words, I know) in the next few weeks!!

Here's just a quick update on what is going on in my neck of the woods...

* had a hugely successful Luau for the Fine Arts at our school on Friday night....took me most of the weekend to recover!

* Jared finished out his year with the Youth Academy Symphony with a fantastic concert on Sunday.

* Hosted a wonderful going away cocktail party for my neighbor last night.  God has blessed me with amazing neighbors....so sad to see one go, but it's not goodbye....just see you later!!

* Tonight is Jared's school honors night.  We received an invitation which means he is receiving at least one honor....we have no idea what it is.

* I'm trying to get ready to leave Thursday for my daughter's college graduation...trying being the operative word...have yet to even consider what I am taking.

* Really having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that my daughter is graduating from college....how in the world did that happen so fast?!

* being too busy that I don't have time to exercise is not boding well for this body of mine....all the ice cream I am eating is not helping either....ugh!

So, please don't give up on me!!!
I will be back soon!

15 comments:

LuAnn said...

Praying for you on this busy week.
Enjoy it.
Can't wait to hear what honor Jared will receive.

Take a breath - blessings

Rebecca Jo said...

Hang in there... with graduations & spring - that comes with busy-ness all in its own. Add in just LIFE & whew!

And the ice cream is ok :) for now.. its the energy that gets you through, right?

Penny said...

I agree with Rebecca Jo. Ice cream is good. =)

Lisa said...

We'll hang with you! Real life is always more important than us anyway. Praying it all goes smoothly and that God gives you the strength you need. He's always faithful!

Rach@In His Hands said...

Busy busy busy, but so much goodness. Enjoy it and then take a long nap. :-) Thinking of you!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

wow! Your week sounds as hectic as mine. I know what you mean about the daughter's college graduation...it is like one day you wake up and there they are...walking down the aisle in a graduation gown....then a wedding one. It makes me feel old to think about it.

~Tracy~ said...

It is a crazy time of year it seems!

Love your blog, it is beautiful!

Cathy said...

Hang in there and lean on God. He'll get you through this busy time. We'll be here when you get back and look forward to hearing about graduations and awards, etc.

Mocha with Linda said...

I'm posting little and visiting even less! Enjoy these fun days!

StephieAnne said...

Give up on you? Never! Have a blast celebrating the achievements of your kids...and in regards to the ice cream, I think if there's ever an occasion, now's the time!

Michelle said...

Hey Sara,

I'm glad to see that you have escaped the worst parts of all the storms that have been cruising through your state.

Smiles :)

Michelle Burk said...

So many great things going on! Sure love you.

BARBIE said...

You've been busy. So many good things happening. I am still here!

Bellezza said...

It used to be that Fall was busy with starting the school year, then Winter with Christmas and New Year's, and now it's Spring with graduations and confirmations...I don't think there is ever a slow time in our lives, or we must carve one out to survive. Hope things are getting better, and what a wonderful thing to go to your daughter's graduation. Such a blessing.

Toyin O. said...

Congrats to your daughter on your graduation:)