Saturday, October 23, 2010

Project 365 - Week 43


 Week 43.

It was a crazy week.  I saw the best and worst in people and had a "first" in the Bowyer household.

The best:  spending time with all 3 of my kids this week.  Seeing how grown up they are and what amazing kids they are.  Knowing each one walks with God.  So proud of them.

The worst:  Someone stealing $$ from our tip jar at work.  Knowing who it is and knowing they didn't need that money.  Wishing I'd never found out.

The "first":  Went to parent teacher conferences for Jared on Friday.  All the teachers, except one, had only one thing they wanted Jared to work on........they wanted him to talk more in class!!!!  I am pretty sure that has never been said of one of us before!  ha!

Here's my week:
 Sunday

 Had to say goodbye to my sweet daughter this morning.  But it's just over a month till Thanksgiving when I will see her again!!!!

Then my Besties took me to dinner for my birthday since we were all together!  
I love these ladies!!!

Monday
 Jason is home for fall break and he brought a friend of his.  So of course that means a game of Settlers!!!

Tuesday

Saying goodbye to Jason and Seth.
goof balls!!!
Wednesday
 We had someone steal money from our tip jar at work...really?!  It really made me sad that an adult would stoop so low.  So we have now come up with a more tamper-free tip jar.

Thursday
 Our football game was an hour away and televised tonight!  
All the band parents caravaned down there....so fun!!!
The band did GREAT!!  I love these kids!!!

Friday

Tonight we attended an evening out for couples put on by MOPS.
There was, of course, a Halloween theme.  
They had planned to have a big fire out on the patio with hay bales to sit on and s'mores to enjoy........but since it has been scorching HOT here in AR with NO rain....there is a burn ban in place.  So this measly little gas burner had to suffice.  It was actually pretty funny and seeing as it did not cool off much tonight, this was much more pleasant!!!
Saturday
I am making lasagna for our life group tomorrow and one of the ladies is on a gluten free diet.  So I got these to use instead of regular noodles.  Anyone ever try these?  I guess I will let you know tomorrow how they are!


That was my week.  How did yours go?

22 comments:

The Bug said...

I can't believe someone would steal from the tip jar - that's just so TACKY.

Glad you had some time with all three of your kids this week!

Teresa Dawn said...

That's terrible that someone stole from the jar! Looks like you had a busy week!

H-Mama said...

Your girlie is just precious. Cute pic. :)

I told Linda that if I'd realized how close both of your bdays were, I would have ordered 2 sombreros for sure!! Ha.

We've been using rice pasta for years. ;)

Rita said...

So glad you got to spend time with all three kids . . . so sad about the tips, somethings are better left not known!

LuAnn said...

Glad you had great time with the kids. The tip jar really, how rude!!!!! I made lasagna this week too. Have a great day tomorrow with your group :)

H-Mama said...

Honestly, Sara, we have been using rice noodles for so long that I've forgotten what regular noodles taste like. I don't remember my family noticing a huge difference when we switched. {They did when I tried to use spaghetti squash. ha!} We also use whole wheat from time to time, which is different {and requires more water for cooking}. That has gluten in it though.

Cats 'making biscuits'? She 'kneads' the blanket... like making bread... and purrs up a storm. Funny and cute all the same. :)

Kim said...

Had to giggle at your "first" -- maybe he's the quiet kid in the family because the rest of you never give him a chance to get a word in edgewise! LOL

Sad about the tip jar. Whenever I've had someone steal from me I've always hoped it was someone who NEEDED it. But since you know who it was and that she didn't need it... well, that's just disappointing.

At least they tried to make it LOOK like a campfire -- but guessing the marshmallows just didn't taste the same :)

Have a wonderful week!

Rhonda said...

Great pics! Sorry about the tip jar..geez! We finally got some rain today, at least in NW AR...so maybe it's safe now. ;)

Ohilda said...

What great pics!! You definitely deserve kudos for having such great kids. I'm sure you and the hubby had LOTS to do with that. ;)

And I am so sad about the jar. That's terrible! :(

Hugs!

Ohilda

Christine said...

Perhaps God let you in on who stole from the tip jar... prayer and grace can go a long way. Because God is just that good. :)
Glad you had a great beginning of the week with all your kids under one roof.
Thanks for always sharing the good and the bad.

Mimi said...

You look so beautiful in that second picture!

I'm glad you had a good week, except for Miss Sticky-Fingers that is!

Hugs & love,
Mimi

McCrakensx4 said...

Great week. I bet you were glowing with all your kids home. fun for sure. Did you go to the Melting Pot for dinner?? I have heard really yummy things about that place! Never have tried anything gluten free, but have heard from a few people that it is good. Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend (what is left of it for you!) and have a great week!

Robin Lambright said...

Sorry no help with the gluten free :(

What a disappointment, it is so very sad when things like that happen, maybe they will feel so guilty and return the money!

Great friends make for a great birthday, it looked like you had a great time!

Blessings
r

He & Me + 3 said...

reading about the tip jar just makes me so upset. I read that on your thursday post and just could not believe it.
Your children are beautiful. Love all the pictures. That is one thing my kids teachers will never say. Ha they are so talkative. But they do listen when told to be quiet. lOL (in school anyways ) :)

Tori said...

So glad you got to enjoy Alyssa and Jason this week! (Alyssa looks fabulous BTW)
Sorry about your stealing incident. I had a group steal right in front of me in the store and then had the nerve to ask for the number to call corporate to tell them how rude I was. HA!
That fondue looks yummy and I loved the video ealier this week.
Have a great week my friend!!

Ladynred said...

What a busy week you had...Sorry about the jar..

Beverlydru said...

Happy LATE birthday! Since it's birthday month for party girls (that would be you and me), I still made it for the celebration.

You are highly favored and dearly loved!!

Jewel said...

Well stinky poo about the tip jar.. :(

My sister talks in class.. I have to talk myself into talking in class.. I can appreciate diversity among siblings!

The Davidson Den said...

Loved your comment on my blog!! LOL! I can just picture that scenario...everything breaking, thinking "seriously?!" That's hilarious. It's awesome y'all made the best of it and will never forget that particular trip.

Unbelievable about the tip jar. :(

I'm so glad you got some good visits in with your kiddos AND your besties. Happy Birthday!!!

I've not used the lasagna noodles, but I've used other types of rice pasta. We like it a lot better than whole wheat pasta. Hope you have success with it.

KDM said...

Yes, quite experienced with rice and corn pasta. (and all things gluten-free) For lasagna, I place the noodles uncooked in the pan and cook a little lower and a little longer. Just be sure that the noodles are fully submerged in the sauce.

riTa Koch said...

Sorry I missed your birthday!

Our oldest never talked to the teacher in kindergarten in Austria, until the last day when he said Goodbye (in German) and made her day!
Then in first grade in Wisconsin, the teacher was concerned because he would not talk.
Now, he won't stop!

Never heard of rice noodles before. Hmmmm....

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

I have NOT seen rice lasagna noodles! I am going to look for them...I have a friend who has to eat gluten free and I could make her some yummy lasagna!