Saturday, October 9, 2010

Project 365 - Week 41



Week 41.

I have spent a good part of the weekend listening to this:



Oh my word have I missed that sound!! I know I am biased, but ya'll he is GOOD!!! I have so enjoyed listening to the new songs he has written and hearing about college life. Mostly, I enjoyed hearing him say how good it was to be home and how much he missed us!!!! :)

Music to my ears!!!

Really, this weekend was perfect...minus one thing.....my girl. I have not seen her since June and let me tell you that I can not wait to get my arms around her next weekend!!!

You moms of young ones.....I know you hear it all the time and I know you know the time will go fast......but hug those babies of yours and love on them. Tell them all the time how special they are in God's eyes and yours and how much you love them. You really can't understand how fast it goes....until it is gone.

Don't get me wrong....I am NOT sad. I really wouldn't trade this time. I love it as much as I loved when they were young, it is just different. I am so proud of my kids, how they each love God and are finding their paths. And right now, my heart is pretty full!!!

Here's my week:

Sunday

Our Hall of Faith is growing!!!

Monday
Can you tell what time of year it is?
signs are popping up everywhere!

Tuesday

We had our worship pastor and his family over for dinner tonight. They just had twins and Steve and I enjoyed holding them and cuddling them. Steve put M down long enough to eat his dessert. I think she wanted some!! She's a girl....she's got to love chocolate!

Wednesday
My friend decorated for Halloween.
But she did it in a way that would cause someone to ask questions and then she could share the gospel. See the cross in the center...

What a great idea!

Thursday
This one will be home tomorrow!!!!
yipee!!!

Friday
So many great things happened today....
homecoming
marching band
parade....

...but this was the BEST part for this mama!!!
my college boy asleep on my lap.

Saturday

While I made pumpkin bread, I listened to Jason practice for a voice exam next week. Then later in the day, we went to hear Jared play in the all-region orchestra. They were awesome!



So, that was my week. How was yours?!


23 comments:

Christine said...

What a nice week, Sara. Thanks for the reminder about hugging your kids and telling them how special they are.... I think I'll go tell mine right now as I remind them to get ready for bed. ;) Enjoy your time with your boys!

Kim said...

I know what you mean about being super proud of your kiddos for being great adults but also thoroughly enjoying the time you do get to spend with them :) I talked to my son today via our Vonage phone, and am SO STINKIN' EXCITED to know that I'll be seeing him in just a month!!!

Sara, only one food shot and you can't even see the food?! LOL

Enjoy your weekend!

Kim said...

Where's Mr. Linky? Is he broken? :)

StephieAnne said...

It looks like a great week! At this very moment, Mikayla is in her total "Jabberjaw" mode, talking a mile a minute - so it's good to hear your encouragement about savoring it (even, when, at the moment, it's driving me batty!) =)

Tori said...

So glad Jason is home! I love that he is sleeping on your lap!!
I can just see Steve as a grandpa...oh will he be fun.
Election time. It's like Christmas in the stores, they just keep starting earlier and earlier!!
Have a super week!!

McCrakensx4 said...

Great week...what a wonderful feeling to have your son home..I am sure you are anxious to hug your daughter as well. We have political signs up all over the place too. Hope you have a great week.

RaD said...

Hmmm... Does that Thursday picture actually count :)

We have signs all over the place too, and they drive me crazy!

Your boy is good and I enjoyed listening to him, thanks for sharing that!

Unknown said...

Looks like a great week - and a really great weekend! It really looks like you are enjoying your boys! Not quite ready for that, but it is getting closer!

Mocha with Linda said...

What a wonderful week and weekend! I rejoice with you over your kids!

Beverlydru said...

I always enjoy stopping by to SEE what you've been up to. I would love a new camera... then maybe I can attempt joining you for life pictures. All of my cameras are "discards" from our kids - they're half broken when I get them. It hasn't mattered since I'm so inadequate as a photographer but you inspire me. : )

The Bug said...

Wow - he is really good with that guitar. In fact, when can I have a CD full of that music?

He & Me + 3 said...

Wow girl he is so good on the guitar. I listened to the whole song while I read your post. Just beautiful. Love that wall of faith so much. Yeah for homecomings. I love seeing all the girls and guys dressed up and the spirit for the game.

Robin Lambright said...

I do not miss my son's electric guitar, but I do miss listing to him play his acoustic!

What a talented young man, I know that was truly music to your momma'ears!

Blessings
R

riTa Koch said...

Loved the music, the baby pic, the cross,...
Couldn't tell who all the Hall of Faithers were???
Have a wonderful week!

Lisa said...

So nice to see Jason with his momma. I HOPE that's how it is! Thanks for the reminder to tell our kids how special they are. I took a couple extra minutes at bedtime tonight to do just that.

I agree...I'd like a CD, too!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

I SOOO enjoy hearing you tell about your "BIG" kids as they DO grow TOO fast but then they love to come home and hang with Dad and Mom again too!!

Jewel said...

I cannot believe this is week 41. Oh my goodness!! I love how your friend decorated in that way. Great idea!

Cathy said...

Looks and sounds like you had a great week Sara. I love your son's guitar playing. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Angie said...

Amen to all that! I am so blessed to have a 20 yr old, 17 yr old, and then 8 yr old & 7 yr old. I am getting to enjoy the best of both worlds! How we miss those college kids, but how we can enjoy their adult friendship too! I love your Mama pride. :)

Never ever thought about decorating for Halloween with an opening for the gospel. How cool.


Thanks for sharing your week!

SmilingSally said...

I fully understand missing them when they fly away. My house is soo quiet now.

Check out my book giveaways.

H-Mama said...

Love all of the music streaming thru your home. I'm sure my hubs would love to have a guitar jam session. He misses it. Is it wrong to want to keep my girls this age?? :)

The Davidson Den said...

You may be biased, but I'm not--and I say your boy is awesome!! Made me want to dance.

I love hearing your momma's heart at this stage in life. You give good advice. Sometimes, I confess, I do forget to do what you say because I get so caught up in the HARDNESS of it all. Thanks for your encouragement.

Awww...I miss the All-Region/All-State days. SO much fun!

Oh, and we ate out at Ya Ya's. (You were in the right vicinity!!) Go there ASAP and get that dish. You will NOT regret it. Yummmmmm...

Mimi said...

Wow so many blessings in your week.

I'm already anxious about my boys being gone before I know it, I'm off to squeeze them now!

Hugs & love,
Mimi