Friday, September 17, 2010

Letters of Intent


Dear Body,

I AM coming to the realization that you will be 50 years old in a little over a month.

However, I am not appreciating the pity party you seem to be having or the attitude of giving up that I am sensing.

Two times this week, you have fallen asleep in the middle of the day as soon as I have sat down. You obviously didn't realize how much I still had to do those days.

I know that I have asked you to exercise a bit more lately, but the soreness you are giving me is unacceptable. You were never sore from this amount of exercise before. I also don't appreciate you holding on so tightly to the fat around my middle. It is NOT helping you and is not a safety feature. If you would just let it go, I would be oh so happy!

And can I please say that menopause is just a cruel joke! I am trying like crazy to get you hormonally balance....it would be nice if you would quit changing!! I really did like you just the way you were!

And about that rogue hair on my chin that keeps popping out when I least expect it.....so not cool....really, just plain mean.

I would like to go back to being friends again.
But if you keep this up, drastic measure are going to have to be taken.

and we won't like them....just sayin'

Sincerely,

your owner that still feels like she is 30 and thinks you should too

16 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Oh this is hilarious! I can so relate. Let me know if your body pays attention and "obeys" your instructions!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

OH MY! LAUGHING Sara!

Good stuff and true stuff.
I often say I still THINK of myself as 25 but I do not LOOK it, FEEL it or really want to re-live that age!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Skoots1moM said...

all your concerns ARE my world, too...praying you're able to get through it quickly with as little frustration as possible...
this was a GREAT way to vent ;)

LuAnn said...

What a hoot Sara!!! That could of been my post.

Darla said...

well, that just about says it all! i feel ya! and wish we could find the magic cure to it ALL!!!! i guess heaven is our only hope for this one. :)

Mimi said...

Oh you totally had me laughing out loud. What is up with those weird hairs anyway?

I hope your body gets the message, mine too!

Hugs & love,
Mimi

Aspiemom said...

This was so funny! I so totally understand!

StephieAnne said...

That was SO GOOD! I read outloud to my bff, Stephie - we laughed!!!!! I'm relating to many of those same feelings at 38 - especially the soreness and not-such-a-safety-feature around the middle. Love you, girl!

Jewel said...

You're scaring me.... ;)

Karin said...

That was soooo funny!!! :)) As a fellow-menopausal sista, I can totally relate. (Unfortunately!)

BARBIE said...

Oh this is too funny! I say things like this to my body all of the time. Especially in the morning, when my entire body hurts and forces me out of bed at 7:00a on a Saturday morning. I am only 44. Oh geesh!

RaD said...

Thanks for the smile today!

He & Me + 3 said...

Too funny. I could have written this same letter to my 39 year old body :)

Kim said...

LOL
Said so very well!

Rach@In His Hands said...

Now I'm scared...I'm in my 20s and experience some of these things!

Beverlydru said...

I just got invited on a radio program called "It's Hip to be Hot" about Pause-i-bilities. I'm an expert on this topic! Unwillingly have the badge. At least it's hip. And on my hips too. Ouch, I'll stop.