Friday, March 26, 2010

I need a vacation from my vacation....

Do you ever come home from a vacation feeling totally refreshed, full of energy and raring to go the first morning back?

We got back last night and I feel like a truck hit me!

As I look around at my men....I see they do too.

What is it about vacations that you feel you have to cram as much fun into it as possible..
...like you will never have fun again....
....or maybe it's the fear of missing some fun?

We had a BLAST on our vacation!!!
I wouldn't change a thing....

....well maybe I would change the fact that we went over spring break, because spring break on a cruise somehow means being completely drunk and foolish for a lot of college students.

...just a lot of great opportunities for life discussions with my boys,
full of real life illustrations!!

...and of course I would have added our girl if we could have..

...but other than that, we had so much fun!
I loved every minute being with my guys and was reminded just how blessed I am and how much I love my family!

However, I now need a few days to recoup....

...good thing spring break lasts till Sunday!

17 comments:

Heidi said...

I don't think I ever come back from a vacation feeling ready to jump into the following 'real life' Monday. I'm always depressed, because real life isn't as fun as vacation life. :)

I'm glad you had such a good time- good memories!

Skoots1moM said...

your adrenaline is working correctly...enjoy the rest of your break :)

Seasons Restaurant said...

WELCOME HOME !!!! glad you had a great time.

Darla said...

i enjoyed your photos so much. it looked like tons of fun! hope you all recoup quickly, i know that feeling you describe.

H-Mama said...

so glad your family made it home safely and that you had fun! i can't imagine going during spring break... at least it was educational, right? ;) i'm looking forward to hearing more about it!

Michelle said...

I totally agree. I've always said I need a vacation from my vacation, but that usually means 'going back to work'. Glad you guys had fun!

Riley Hill said...

we want pics :)

Jewel said...

The day AFTER vacation is always the worst because all of a suddne it's "real life" again! Blaaah. In fact, sometimes even a normal Monday will feel like that! HA.

Cathy said...

Hope we get to see some pictures.

Mocha with Linda said...

Welcome back!

Aspiemom said...

I'm so glad you had a great time. I've never been on a cruise. I'd like to go on Charles Stanley's Alaskan cruise some day.

I hope you get rested up!

riTa Koch said...

But vacations are refreshing in other ways. Glad you had a blast!
Now take it easy ;)

The Davidson Den said...

I know the feeling...well. In fact, I feel that way to varying degrees each and every time I leave my house. Something about coming home to all the tasks that would have been getting done had I been there and now they're piled up in front of me. Yuck. Glad you had a great trip, though.

Karin said...

You are so right...we always cram everything we can into a vacation. We are going on SaraGrace's Make A Wish trip in a few weeks and I'm so glad it worked out that we will have several days of spring break left after we get back. I know we will all need it! Welcome back...looking forward to hearing about your cruise. :)

StephieAnne said...

Looking forward to some pictures! I'm so glad you all enjoyed yourself so much - and I TOTALLY relate to that need for a "transition vacation" before hitting the ground running for "real life". Enjoy the weekend!!!!!

Angie said...

Glad to have you back and glad rest is all you need! Hopefully, Monday won't come too soon. :)

Kim said...

So glad you had a good time on vacation! Hope you get at least a few days to rest and recuperate :-)

We're in Sta. Rosa until tomorrow afternoon but have found this very nice tea house in the next town with wifi so I just posted this week's Project 365. It's nice, fast internet which makes me soooo happy :-) A place where we can sip really good tea AND be online. What could be better?!