Friday, January 1, 2010

Completely exhausted but perfectly happy!

New Year's Day is one of my favorite days of the year.

I can't tell you how much I enjoy having my house full of people. It really brings me so much joy. And even though I am totally exhausted from all the prep and entertaining.....I am sad it's over.

Here are a few highlights....

Steve fried two turkeys....one with Buffalo flavoring
and one with Italian flavoring.....deeelish!!!



my kids got a hold of my camera and had some fun...


Lot's of food...


the turkeys after being carved....yum!


How many crock pots can you fit on a counter?
I count 4...with two BIG pots of black eyed peas!


People started coming around 1 and the last left around 5:30


We had the PS2 set up in our room for the little guys.
The older kids were in the basement with the Wii


after a while all the teenagers ended up in our dining room
playing some game

It was a really great day.
I love opening my home to friends and am so thankful I am able to do it.

The perfect start to 2010!

14 comments:

Karin said...

Looks like fun and brings back sweet memories of Indiana. :)

Skoots1moM said...

WHAT A GREAT WAY TO BEGIN THE YEAR...BLESSINGS!!

LuAnn said...

Looks like fun !!! We had a similar picture today !!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

What great fun!!!
We had a great celebration today too! I am happy that we have two more days of weekend yet to enjoy as well!

Christine said...

You know, I've never even tried a deep fried turkey and you're already on to infusing them with flavors!! That's amazing!
And YES! let's get together when you come up. I would love that!
Happy new year, Sara!

Mocha with Linda said...

What a fun day!

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun! Wish I could have stopped by.

Beth Herring said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time!

Happy New Year!

Darla said...

looks like a GREAT time! i am definately gonna have to fry a turkey now. this is the second one i have seen today and it sounds delicious. And i have one in the freezer! it's very nice of you to host this each year. and nice that your home is so large too!

Growin' With It said...

you put on a beautiful spread! what a great idea sara.

Rach@In His Hands said...

Now that's the way to celebrate the New Year! Fun!

Cathy said...

Sara that looks like so much fun! Good food and good friends and family. What more could you ask for?!?

The Davidson Den said...

So fun!!! More people should do New Year's Day parties.

Michelle said...

how fun! i love a big get together!

black eyed peas....i remember my grandmother making me eat those when i was younger. ick! i can't stand the sight of them now