Saturday, September 26, 2009

Project 365 - Week 39

Week 39! One more week and we will be out of September. I had all but given up on having any more sunshine or summer for a while and then we were blessed with TWO glorious days!!! It has been sunny and warm (not quite hot, but I won't complain!) The weather report says that we should continue this for the whole week......woot!!!! It is amazing what a little sun will do to a girls spirits....and it's even more amazing what a little SON will do to bring my focus back in line! I have had some quality time in prayer with God this week.....awesome.... but that is for another post.

Here's my week:
Sunday

We added a new design to CrossWalk today!
As the kids came in, the got their picture taken in the belly of the whale...
....some adults got into it too! :)
We are so blessed to have so many creative people in our church body!

Monday

Book Club tonight!!

Tuesday

I am NOT ready for this...
...and notice it is still cloudy and threatening rain.

Wednesday

We love cornbread in my family.
definitely comfort food!!
This picture was taken on another day.
My week has been busy and I am dealing with
issues of menopause......not fun.
it's been hard to remember pictures.

Thursday

Tonight was the sophomore Renaissance coffee shop
They have been studying Italy and had
to come up with a poster telling of the city they
were assigned. Jared's team had Venice. Since it is an
island, they had the poster laying flat...very clever!
They earned an honorable mention.


This is Jared presenting their project to a parent

Friday

Friday is breakfast date day for us.
However, our favorite place has gotten a bit pricey.
So, we have been trying other breakfast places...
.....none are measuring up to our fav.

Today we decided to go back to our fav....
...and just share a meal.
perfect!!

Saturday

Today were the auditions for all-region orchestra
Jared practicing in the gym before his auditions
This gym was FULL of kids after 5 minutes of taking this pic..
...can you imagine what it sounded like?!

Waiting his turn to go in for the audition.....

First Chair French Horn!!!

we are so proud of him!!
This is his first audition on the HS level!!!



So how was your week in pictures?




18 comments:

Amy said...

congrats to jared!!! i remember those days--i was in band all through m.s. and my first two years of h.s. competition was so nerve racking, but so much fun!

its funny you talked about the warm weather sticking around for a few more days. we cant seem to get rid of ours! the grass is always greener i suppose... :)

have a great week!

LuAnn said...

I am so excited for Jared - way to go !!!!
Corn Bread - we got hooked on this when we lived in KY. I make mine from scratch. What is the secret on the moisture? I get alot of dry corn bread.

Have a blessed week friend !!!

Heidi said...

Happy for Jared on his accomplishments posted here!

We had cornbread this past week, too. I didn't think to take a picture of it.

Fall color. No. Not really ready for time to march on into winter, but I do love those colors.

Blessings!
Heidi

H-Mama said...

yay for jared! i know you must be proud!

Lisa said...

That is REAL cornbread...in a skillet. I make the fake ones in muffin tins because I'm a northerner.

You SHOULD be proud of Jared...what an accomplishment. Amazing that they are already doing projects, too. Feels like school just started.

Love breakfast dates!!

SmilingSally said...

As a former high school teacher, I KNOW just what that gym sounded like!

Kim said...

Yeah for Jared!

I'm going to have to go make some cornbread now. That looked so good and I need to make something in the oven because it is COLD today. Dropped down in the 40s after sunshine and 70s yesterday.

You truly are blessed to have creative people in your church! That's a very cool idea.

How did you like the book on the bottom of your pile? I've read a couple reviews and have considered getting it. Is it worth it?

I've struggled with insomnia for a few years, due to issues of menopause but in just the last two weeks the hot flashes have hit. Ugh! We need to pray for one another! I am NOT looking forward to summer combined with hot flashes :-(

Have a great week!

Cathy said...

Great pictures. Congrats Jared! The cornbread looks awesome. I love beans and cornbread!!

Mocha with Linda said...

Congrats to Jared! My girl has region orchestra tryouts in a couple of weeks.

Great pics. Hope you feel better this week!

Dena said...

I love how creative you all are with the kids programs at your church. So much fun for everyone!

We love cornbread too...so yummy.

Skoots1moM said...

don't worry, I don't sell lemonade :D

riTa Koch said...

To be sung to the tune of These are a few of my favorite things:

Cornbread and butter,
french horns and bands,
breakfast with hubby
and great books to read,
wonderful church friends
and bloggers so kind...
these are a few of my favorite things...
when the rain falls,
when the leaves turn.
when I'm feeling down
(or have hot flashes or whatever)
I simply remember my favorite things
and then I don't feel so bad.

LOL
Have a great week!
Eat, drink and be merry!

Jamie said...

First Chair! Congrats to Jared. I'm sure you are so proud.

Our weather has been beautiful lately, I'm so not ready for it to get cold.

Unknown said...

Congratulations to Jared. Nice job!!

I love Harlan Coben books. You just can't put them down.

Rita's post cracked me up.

Edie said...

I just love your Jonah project!

Fall I can handle, it's winter that gets to me.

Great Venice poster. Your kids are very creative and talented.

I'm late but still in. :)

SmilingSally said...

Sharing a meal doesn't work for us as we each want something different. We just avoid the pricier places.

Elizabeth said...

I love you girl, but I do not share your love for summer. That pretty yellow tree makes my heart flutter!

Book clubs make me all giddy too, so let us know what you think of those books. The Guernsey book is one of my top 5 favorites of all time!

How expensive has Satellite gotten? Have you tried the apples and granola? Surely that's not too pricey?!

Beverlydru said...

Always enjoy your photos. I hope you're getting this blast of cooler, DRY air. We even have it in N. Fl. Wonderful!