Saturday, March 21, 2009

Project 365 - Week 12

Just wanted to thank all of you again for the many wonderful comments, emails and prayers. What a special group of friends God has brought into my life. I love you guys!

Here is my week:

Sunday

I was watching TV tonight and looked over and saw this.
Pretty cool!

Monday

My Aunt having speech therapy
They are working on her being able to point to pictures of emotions because she is, hopefully, getting a computer that will help her express what she is feeling inside.

...Sadly, she will not be getting this computer.

Tuesday

Taking a walk together
We would walk the halls and I would sing to her

Wednesday

These flowers brought a much needed smile to me today.
from my front yard.
God's creation is truly beautiful!

Thursday

I bake when I'm sad...
My aunt was taken to the hospital today. she has lost her ability to swallow.
they will be putting in a feeding tube on Tuesday.....
...I'm struggling with this.

Friday

this has become a thorn in my side.
It seems that every time it rings, it is bad news.

Saturday

this heart cookie cutter was my Aunt's
this is the perfect place for it!

the cross is an ice cream mold of my mom's



Now it's your turn. Link up below so we can all enjoy your week in pictures!!!






Photobucket

18 comments:

Amy said...

great pictures!! i love the one of your boys watching tv together. you're in my thoughts and prayers this week. precious pictures of your aunt!!

Edie said...

All of your pictures are filled with love and emotion Sara. Keeping you in my prayers.

shell said...

Oh Sara, your sweet pictures almost brought tears to my eyes. I remember meeting your sweet Aunt when she came here to visit and it is hard to see her sitting in that bed. I will take sometime to pray for her today and for you and your family. Thanks for being real and transparent.

Dena said...

Wonderful pictures Sara. I love the heart cookie cutter - it's old and it's no longer "perfect", but still creates beauty and fills you with sweet memories. I'm sure it's something you'll always treasure. Gods peace to you this week.

Kim said...

Your photos are so lovely and so touching with the stories they tell. It's really true that a picture is worth a thousand words. Your photos convey a wealth of emotion!

Lisa said...

Lots of emotions in your pictures this week. It will be a treasured collection when you aunt is gone. We're praying for you this week.

SmilingSally said...

When she gets to Heaven, your aunt will be so much better. I'm so glad she knows you care.

Jackie said...

I know you have had a rough week, Sara, and I'm sorry - I'm praying for you. Your aunt is such a sweetheart - so beautiful.

Love that the boys are watching TV together. And those flowers are gorgeous - God knew your spirits needed a lift!

Michelle said...

Beautiful pictures this week. You and your Aunt will continue to be in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I pray for God's comfort for you and your family. May He wrap His loving arms around you especially this difficult times.

Jamie said...

You captured your week well in pictures. I know it has been a most difficult week for you.

Nise' said...

Wonderful family pictures this week, that's where your heart is! Will keep your family in my prayers.

Debra said...

What a precious post and pictures! I can almost feel the heaviness of your heart, as the grieving process has already begun. I've been there and I know what you're feeling Sara.....my heart goes out to you! I'm so glad the words of the song I posted, touched you today. Keeping you in my prayers, Debra

Becky said...

Your pictures speak 1000 words. I'll be praying for you and family everyday.

riTa Koch said...

What a beautiful picture story with the last one saying it all--love midst the candles of mourning.
If we didn't love so much we wouldn't grieve.
We are taking a couple days of spring break to make the bathroom handicap accesible for Mother so she can hopefully bring Dad back home.

Sara@iSass said...

Sara, You tell such a beautiful story through your images. I felt the joy, sadness, beauty, peace, gentleness, frustration and love in theses pictures. I can't believe that pictue of your boys! Oh, that was sweet. And the pictures of your Aunt, even though she is frail I can see her beauty and why she is so precious to you.
As these weeks go on I truly feel like I am peeking in on your life.
Thank you for sharing that. It is a wonderful "treat".

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

I will be praying for you, your family and especially your unsaved relatives. To God be the Glory!

Beverlydru said...

Yes, your pictures tell a poignant tale this week. The cycle of life and the power of love. Praying for you, precious friend.