Wednesday, December 10, 2008

We have a diagnosis!!!

Well, my aunt has been through the ringer, but we have a diagnosis......she has Valley Fever.  This is a disease that can be contracted in Arizona (where I grew up) and like TB can sit dormant in your lungs for a long time or forever.  But with the cancer, chemo and her weak immune system, it was activated.  One of the doctors happen to pick up on my parents saying they were from Arizona.  Thank you Jesus!  She is now responding to the meds and doing better, but will be on antibiotics for a long time.  She will be in the hospital through the weekend and then she will go to rehab for a couple of weeks.

So, my parents are going home today and I will be going home Friday.  My daughter is driving through on her way home for Christmas and will pick me up.  I am very ready and very tired.

Thank you all for all your prayers and sweet comments.  It has meant so much to me!!!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Sara@iSass said...

Sara, I am so relieved to here they finally got a diagnosis. That IS a praise! I have never heard of Valley Fever. Have a safe trip home.

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for modern medicine and attentive doctors! We'll continue to pray for healing for your aunt!

Rachel said...

Praise the Lord! God is so good that the doctor "just happened" to here you are from Arizona.

Thanking God with you,

Rachel

Rach@In His Hands said...

Finally some answers - God is good! Keeping your dear aunt in my prayers.

SmilingSally said...

Once again, God answers prayer.

Mocha with Linda said...

Glad they have figured it out and can treat it. Be careful on the drive home. I know you'll enjoy the time with your girl!

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Thank goodness Sara, get some rest when you can! Thanks for keeping us posted.

Michelle Burk said...

I believe in Miracles. God loves you, Sara. He allows miracles in your life for the rest of us to see and know He lives and loves us. Thanks for sharing your faith and life with all of us. Wow.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear there was a diagnosis! I love the way God works in the details. Will continue to pray for her recovery.
Enjoy your drive home with your girl! Tell her hello for me... and I hope you get some rest soon.

Deb said...

Sara,

We are so thankful with you in having an answer. I know your aunt must be so relieved too. How scary for her. Enjoy your time together today. And give Alyssa a hug for me as you drive home together - that has a nice sound to it. Big hug and much love...