Friday, November 7, 2008

Lots more pictures...

My favorite painting I saw of Mary and Jesus
The emotion and tenderness is something you didn't see much

The Medici Palace, this was magnificent!

Doors to paradise, on the famous baptistry in Florence.  Made of Gold and depicts scenes from the bible.  The picture doesn't do this justice at all, it was beautiful.

From the top of our hotel in Florence.  The sunsets in Italy were amazing!

Look at the beautiful frescos all the way up the way onto the ceiling.  How they did this in the 1700s is beyond me!!

Gelato!!!!  I had one last one at 10:30 am the day we left!!!!

The farm house we stayed in for the cooking class.  Sat on top of a hill that overlooked the Tuscan country side.

This is the one dish I didn't think I would like, but ended up loving!  These are muscles in a wonderful lemon/parsley sauce

Are these cute or what?!

How do tomatoes, green beans, olive oil and balsamic vinegar taste so much better in Italy?!

This was in a small church in Certado, a walled city.  Probably made in the 1600s

From the top of the bell tower in Certado.  

I fell in love with "doors" while in Italy.  Even in the city, you see beautiful wood doors each with different handles.  Maybe I will do a post of just doors.



Photobucket

2 comments:

Christine said...

All so beautiful! I love the door. You SHOULD do a post of just doors!

Anonymous said...

I just caught up on your last week as I was traveling with my Mom too and didn't spend much time online. It sounds like we are both blessed with amazing moms and the gift of a close relationship. I have realized that's not a "given".
What a marvelous trip you had. I want to see more doors too.

Just a note- it's so funny how in Italy something is "new" if it's built in the last 400 years or so. Whereas here, the oldest it gets is about 400 years!