Friday, June 6, 2008

Lily


Meet the newest member of our family.....Lily. I know many of you are thinking....Sara, you were happy being pet free! But my family was not. They have been bugging me and bugging me to get a dog. But it didn't seem very likely because I had stipulations:

1. we could not get a puppy. we are not home enough and I don't have time to raise a puppy right now
2. We could not rescue a dog. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt......and the shirt said "psycho dog". We rescued a dog once, but it had been so abused that it had become psycho....another story for another time.
3. Steve wants an Australian shepherd and they are expensive.

So.....that doesn't leave much room for a dog.

We have some friends at church that are leaving this month to become missionaries in Niger. I was reading their prayer list a month ago and at the top of the list was "find a good home for our dog, Lily, Australian shepherd. I could not believe it. So, of course, I immediately looked at the addresses to make sure that it hadn't gone to Steve!!! But then I started feeling God work and so I called Steve and told him. We decided to go meet her.

Long story short, we have adopted our friends dog and she is the perfect dog!!! We love her so much. She is 7 years old, extremely obedient (they had trained her well!) and very loving. She will add so much joy to our house!

We are also so glad that we could bring some peace of mind to our friends, who were so sad to have to leave their beloved dog, that she will be loved and taken care of.

Below is a fun little video of her around the pool. She freaks out when we swim laps....we think she is afraid we are drowning....and once she jumped in to save Steve. If you get to the edge, she will try to bite your hands to pull you out.....she is awesome!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Just hopping around the blogosphere today and stumbled upon your place. I'd love to have a dog, but have many of the same stipulations you have...hmmm...maybe one will "fall into our laps" when the time is right. In the meantime, I have a bunny I am contending with all summer. You can read about it over at my place.

Blessings.

Susan