Tuesday, May 20, 2008

3:00 AM call....waiting.....praying

*****update***** Alyssa was released from the hospital.  They believe she had an ovarian cyst that ruptured.  They also found in the process that she has several gall stones, but don't believe that was involved in her pain.  The doc says she would probably be okay to drive home tomorrow..........of course there is no way I would survive that 5 hour stress, so I am flying down to Dallas tonight and driving her home tomorrow.  

At 3:00 am this morning, I got a call that wreaks havoc on a mother.  My daughter was being taken to the emergency room with severe abdominal/back pain.  Alyssa stopped in Dallas yesterday to see a friend on her way home from college.  I immediately started praying for her and for the emergency room to be clear.  I have lived in Dallas, and I know how crowded they are and how long it can take to be seen.  This mother was not going to be able to wait that long to find out what was going on.  God was merciful and answered that prayer.  The mom that is with Alyssa called and said they got her right in and were running tests.  I talked to Alyssa at around 4:00 and physically thought I was going to throw up......my baby was crying, in a lot of pain, and scared.  

So, now I sit here and wait for the phone to ring.  They do not think it is her appendix, but possibly an ovarian cyst that has ruptured.  It will be at least an hour, they told me, before any test results come back.  I'm not sure I have ever had such a long hour!  My husband said that we should try to get some sleep because we may be flying to Dallas in the morning.....he's right....but there is no way I can fall asleep not knowing.  It is too early to call my friends to pray, so I blog.....at least it gives me something to do.  This is the part of parenting they don't tell you about.  This is where all the independence she has developed over the last year goes out the window.....she needs her mommy!  Oh, to be able to snap my fingers and be at that hospital.

I am so thankful for the mom that is with her and holding her hand.  I am even more grateful that this did not occur while she was on the road in her car.  Lord, please take care of my baby.  Let her feel your presence and peace.  Give the doctors wisdom and clarity.  And bless this family that is taking care of her. 

Let me hear soon Lord......


Schellhases said...

Just left a comment that didn't post, so if it comes through later, just know you are doubly being prayed for.

All that said, I SO felt your heart in your words. I'm glad that you are going to be able to go and bring her home. I'll be praying for both of you!

Jen said...

Have a safe drive home!

Elaine said...

All is well???

Christine said...

I know I'm 5 days slow, but I'll be praying.
I hope by now you are home and Alyssa is feeling better.

Linda said...

Oh, I am so sorry you both went through this. But I'm grateful for the "surrogate" who was there with her. God is good.