Saturday, April 19, 2008

Expelled......



No, none of my kids where expelled from school!  I know that is what you were thinking.  :)   

We went to see the movie Expelled with Ben Stein last night and I have to say that each of you really needs to see it.  If you haven't seen the promo or the commercial ad (go to the link above), it is a documentary about science.  Ben Stein researches the fact that even though science can not prove how the living cell came into being, they will not allow the theory of Intelligent Design to be on the table.  Many scientists have lost their jobs and tenures because they have even just discussed the possibility in a paper or blog.  Most scientist believe in Darwinism and that once there was a living cell, we evolved from that cell.  However, no one can tell you how that cell came to being.  One of the many things that just baffled me was the fact that well known,  brilliant scientists will discuss the possibility of "alien seeding" (which in itself is intelligent design and they don't know where the aliens came from) or that mud riding on the back of a crystal could be the start of the living cell, but will not even consider intelligent design.  One scientist, at the beginning of the movie, calls all people who don't believe in evolution, ignorant.  At the end of the movie, he shares his thoughts on how the living cell started..... it will make you wonder who is ignorant.......

The movie was very well done and I think everyone needs to see it.  If you do, let me know what you think!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

I am looking forward to this movie. I hear it is really good.

Christine said...

Thanks for posting this, Sara. I had not heard about this movie. It looks great. Thanks for keeping me informed!
Have a great day!