Saturday, February 16, 2008

Do you feel the call?

I have been reading a blog lately called BooMama.  She is currently in Uganda with Compassion International and her blog has been so cool.  In a post yesterday, I got directed to a video of one of the ladies on the trip meeting her sponsored child......truly amazing!!  Go watch this, it will make you smile.  If you have never thought about sponsoring a child in another country, I would ask you to read these blogs!  Just $32 a month can make an enormous difference in a child's life.  My family sponsors a child in India, Sunil.  We have been sponsoring him for about 5 years and have seen him grow.  I was challenged this week though because you see, when you sponsor a child you have the opportunity to write them on a regular basis...they write you too.  I have been very neglectful in the area.  Yes, I know Sunil is thankful for what we provide him through compassion, but it is just a check.  Does he wait each day for a letter from us?  Hoping to hear from his sponsors?  Hoping they will answer his letters?  Do I hope one day to meet Sunil?  what do I say to him....I was too busy to write you a letter?  So, I am challenged today to take my commitment to a new level.  What are you challenged to do?




No comments: