Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Train your boys to be plumbers!

Why you ask?

No, not so they can fashionably where low riders.........

.......because it is a VERY lucrative job!!


See this picture?


Do you know what it is?


It is a VERY expensive nickel.........

When I got back from the cruise, 2 weeks ago, I noticed that my disposal was not working. After putting it off for a few days, then an unexpected trip to Dallas, then my girls weekend.....I finally got a plumber out here. I completely expected him to tell me I needed a new disposal. But then I noticed him using tools like he thought something was jammed in there. Sure enough, after some tugging and pulling, out comes the above nickel...........

.............and a very large bill!


My first thought...................I am gonna strangle me some boys!


I had about an hour to cool off before my oldest son got home. This was our conversation:

me: Jason, I really think you should rethink what you want to be when you grow up.

Jason
: why?

me
: because a plumber just got a lot of money from me to pull this nickel out of the disposal

Jason
: ....................really? that's a nickel? How did it get in there?.................Hey, I think I know how it got in there!!!! When I cleaned the laundry room while you were gone, I washed the plate you keep the soap cup on. It had some coins on it........ but I thought I dropped them in the laundry room.............(smiling)............(smiling).................

Remember this from my project 365?


ya, it now became a very expensive cleaning job.............it's a good thing he is so cute!

I think I'm gonna frame that nickel!


Photobucket

17 comments:

Heather of the EO said...

OH NO. I can't believe how much silly things cost sometimes. Sorry, lady. I love that you find the humor in it though. Love it.

Beverlydru said...

Yeah, I get the feeling how furious you were. Her smiled and that's all she wrote. These otters do not wield a big stick. ; )

Jackie said...

No way! I guess your nice clean cabinet really did come with a price...oops!

I'm so sorry I missed Project 365 this week...I'm not giving up...I'll be back with a double week next Sunday. :)

Unknown said...

Awww ... but he was so sweet.

OK, are you ready for the eyebrow competition? It's on! What about Thursday or Friday?

Dena said...

Ouch! I was hoping you meant it turned out to be a 1800's nickel or something valuable like that. LOL

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Sara that cracks me up! Sorry for the big bill!

Sara@iSass said...

Yikes. I'm lucky that my Hubby and his Dad are both handy. I dropped on of my spoons in the disposal and turned it on. I busted the darn thing a chewed the heck out of a spoon. I'm over the $150 or so we havn't yet spent on the disposel...we can live without it for the moment and I'm seriously considering taking it out because I've WATCHED what Hubby puts down the thing and it makes me think of horrible explosions on my walls...
Anyway, what I can't get over is the freakin' $18 it'll cost me to replace that spoon. $18.
We have very nice silverware it was a wedding gift from Rob's parents. That spoon sits on my window sill above the sink and I force myself to look at it and be reminded of my carelessness. AND how much I hate that disposal.
That nickel looks like my spoon! WAH!

SmilingSally said...

Hey, he DID clean the laundry room! So, he's an expensive worker. lol

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Oh no!!!

Mocha with Linda said...

I think I'd tell him that next time, he gets to pay the plumber!

Rach@In His Hands said...

Oops! What a honest, sweet son you have. :-)

P.S. I have been plain awful about posting my 365 pics....I'm trying to get caught up and be ready for Sunday!

Debra said...

It's nice to see that you can laugh and have grace with your kids, when they do things like this! :)

Michelle said...

LOL! I can only imagine how much that nickel cost you.

Growin' With It said...

i'd frame it for sure. oh i hope you know i truly feel for ya on this one! ☺

Bellezza said...

I hate when things like that happen! Although, you wrote about it in an amusing enough way... ;)

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

YES!
Frame the nickle.
"No good deed goes unpunished. . ."
or something.
lol

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen, Writer/Counselor

Ohilda said...

I think I'm getting rid of my Blogger blog roll. It's not updating. ::SNIFF:: I almost missed this post.

Nothing like teenage boys, eh? heh!