Friday, January 1, 2016

Santa (sneakily) returns to the Bowyer Christmas

If you've been around my blog in the past, then you know about the Santa..


If you haven't, you can read about him here and here .


Last year, since Jason had gotten married and was starting his own family, I decided it was time to retire the Santa.  He had had a good run in the Bowyer family traditions, but I felt like it was time for him to find a new home and start new traditions.  So, for Christmas I gave him to Jason as a gift.

Several people had asked me about the Santa and where he was going to show up this year and my answer was always "He's retired!!  And now has a new home in Jason's family"

Jason, Kristen and Edris have been here for a few days and this morning, Jason said he wanted to take my picture with Edris.  

It should have been my first clue!!!


He promptly also said "Mom, you should post that, it's so good"

Should have been my 2nd clue!!

Yep, Santa made his way BACK into the Bowyer family Christmas. 
 He's a stubborn little guy!

Now in my defense......

1. He replaced a Santa that had the same colors as him
2.  I am NOT a detail nor observant person
3.  My focus is on EDRIS!!!

But even with that said, He got me!!!

I got on Facebook and saw a post from him I was tagged in.  
The first thing I saw was "gotcha"...

..and I knew.

6 comments:

Skoots1moM said...

So sweet...boys

Mari said...

I love this! Such fun, and of course he knew that you would never think of it with Edris in your arms. :)
Good job Jason!

Sara@iSass said...

Sara this made me laugh out loud today!

Angie said...

Love it! So funny! Those traditions mean a lot to the kids, don't they?!

Rebecca Jo said...

haha.... that is the BEST!!!!!
My mom & her sisters do this with Cat Slippers... they always say the first person that dies looses because its going in their coffin with them :) haha ... talk about taking it to extremes

The Davidson Den said...

Love it!