Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday Frags


Is it really Friday again already?!!!

**My schedule lately has been CRAZY busy and I (the person who hates to be home for long) am feeling a bit overwhelmed and wanting to just hole up in my house for a while.

**I just got back Sunday from my MILs and I leave again this Sunday for my parents.  When I get back, I have 2 weeks and then I leave for a speaking engagement with some time with my best friends on the heels of that.....like I said, crazy!

**my message for my speaking engagement is not coming together easily and I am frustrated.  I know I am over thinking it (mostly my nerves are getting in the way I think)  and just need to allow God to give me the words.  But I am having a hard time getting it from my head to the paper in a cohesive way.  prayers would be appreciated!!

**I have a new grandpuppy.
My son rescued a 7 week old boxer puppy that he will be adding to his fiancee's aussie puppy when they get married.....yes, I think they are crazy!  But he is so very cute!

**I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that my son is getting married.  

**looking forward to tomorrow when I get to keep TWO babies while their mama goes to a foster/adoption conference.  we are going to have so much fun with these cute boys!!

**have I mentioned that I leave Sunday......I have not packed a thing or done one thing to get ready....ugh.  I have a feeling I will be packing the hour before I leave.  Sometimes, ok most times, that is how I role.

**I'm excited to have dinner with some very dear friends tonight.  They are heading back to China this weekend and this will be the last time I get to see them for awhile.  I am sad that life has gotten in the way of me spending more time with them while they were home, but I can't wait to see them tonight, enjoy their company and their sweet baby, pray over them and let them know how much we love them!!
 
**I have been studying Ezekiel since sept.  We are in the last three weeks of the study.  Ezekiel has completely changed me.  I had never really studied this book and God has broken me, in a good way, through it.  He has exposed so much pride in my life.  It has been a somewhat painful process but so beautiful in the end.  I am grateful.

**Ok, time to get ready and go have breakfast with my son and his fiancee (I really enjoy typing that!) before they head back.

Have a GREAT weekend!!

9 comments:

retired not tired said...

Definitely a busy week. Just think when your son gets married you are gaining a daughter.

Cathy said...

Wow! You are one busy lady. Have fun with those 2 babies tomorrow. Be careful with all your traveling.

Are you doing a specific Bible study on Ezekiel or just studying it yourself? I don't know that I've ever studied that book before.

Skoots1moM said...

what great frags you have this week! Stop every once-in-a-while and breathe in the NOW ;)
Exciting times for sure

The Bug said...

Boy you're making me tire hearing about your schedule! (I always feel rushed if I have two engagements in a week - ha!).

I think we need to see a picture of the grandpuppy :)

Rebecca Jo said...

Everything will come together :)
New Grand-fur-babies! Yipee... have more things to tear up :)
Have fun with those babies!!!

Lynne said...

I love taking a day every now and again and just staying home! I know how you feel. I pray God will give you wisdom and an open heart to his word and what he wants you to share for your speaking engagement. I pray that it will all come together to his glory! Sometimes, the best papers or speaking engagements begin at the moment. You'll get it figured out. God bless.

StarTraci said...

Enjoy the babies -- I love when I get to babysit little ones.
The words will come, I'm sure! Safe travels to you.
:-)
Traci

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

I popped in to say HI and check on the goings ons...you are busy! Hope you are doing well Sara!

Rachel said...

I get tired just looking at your schedule from then!

I hope all went well and that you are refreshed!