Monday, March 25, 2013

Monday Randomness...

I am having a hard time being productive today!
And in a effort to keep procrastinating...I decided to share some randomness with you.
You're welcome.   :)

I put my youngest child on the plane yesterday.  Thank goodness there is only about 5 weeks of school left so it won't be long till I see them all again!  The quiet in my house this morning is deafening.

My daughter has an on-site interview in Texas on Tuesday morning.  She has asked me to go with her for support......yes, I love that.   We are leaving this afternoon to drive there.  I am so excited for her to take this next step!

Just over a week ago, I was wearing flip flops and enjoying the sun....what a difference a week makes.  It is freezing in my house!!!!  Now I know "freezing" is relative seeing as I am in the south, but seriously.....it is cold.

God continues to surprise me with His timing.  I have been struggling with an issue lately and was praying about it this morning.  Afterward, I got on the computer and opened a devotion I get by email and it spoke directly to my issue.  Why does that always surprise me?  I love when He speaks to my heart so clearly.

I did some respite care this weekend for a 7 month old foster baby.  Oh my word, she was precious.  A full, and I mean FULL, head of hair and such a sweet disposition.  I loved every minute of snuggling time with her!!!  But it makes my heart sad that her mama is missing out on these precious times and I'm praying she can do what she needs to to be reunited with her baby.

ok, I am done rambling and need to get SOMEthing done today. 
Then again, I completed this and that is something....done!  :)


9 comments:

The Bug said...

Good luck to Alyssa! How far is it from where you guys are?

You're right - cold is relative. I've been sitting in my office watching snow flurries all day :)

I'm excited that your fostering has started. You have so much love to give - you guys will be such a blessing!

LuAnn said...

Blessings Alyssa!!!!! Hope all goes great.

Anonymous said...

Good luck to your daughter! Hope all goes well!

Cathy said...

I bet that was lots of fun spending time with that baby. Respite care is such a needed thing for foster parents.

Rebecca Jo said...

We;re on day 3 of snow in our area... & my flip flops are just screaming to be brought out for Spring!

StephieAnne said...

Five weeks...okay, that's do-able. I love that you are on a road trip with Alyssa - and that she wants you there for support. Priceless!

What, could we be warmer in Oregon (at least by the weekend) than you are in Arkansas? They say we are supposed to hit the low 70's on Saturday - I've got to see it to believe it, but I have hope!

What a challenge it will be with your future foster children to balance the meaningful time you have with them with the knowledge of the ordeals and trials that led them to foster care in the first place. Sigh...

Angie said...

I love your honesty, Sara. Praying for you.

Rachel said...

I am praying for whatever that issue is, that God will do a work in you and others and bring glory to Himself through it!

I'm glad you got to snuggle with precious head-o-hair... and you are so selfless to be thinking of her family too...

(To be honest, I always used to just wish we could keep every foster sibling I had! :)

Lisa said...

7 months is SO fun!

God is good like that...amazing that he is in charge of the world and knows us so personally. Wow!