Saturday, April 21, 2012

Project 365 - Week 16

Week 16.

This week I was able to attend the annual Butterfly Festival in Texas.  Many of you might remember that after my Aunt died, we had a garden built at the EmilyAnn Theatre and Gardens.  This is an amazing place that was opened in honor of the founder's daughter who was killed by a drunk driver.  EmilyAnn loved theatre and in the summer and thorughout the year, they have camps for drama and put on the most amazing musicals and shows!!!  They started releasing butterflies for loved ones several years ago.  The local schools and people raise the butterflies for them in preparation for the weekend.  This year, they released over 3000 butterflies throughout the day!!  If you are ever near Wimberley (near Austin) the 3rd weekend of April, make a point to attend!!!

Sunday
 Started our Jonah curriculum today at church

 Tonight we had the honor of attending our friend's son's senior recital.  Wow!  He was amazing!!


Monday
Aren't these beautiful?  These were taken later in the week, but I missed a picture today.  I was too busy getting ready to leave at the end of the week.


Tuesday
We had a follow up evening for our 40/40 prayer retreat at church tonight.  We had a potluck dinner and then shared what God taught each of us during this time of fasting and prayer.  What a blessing!!!  We ended the evening with communion.


Wednesday
 I have been working hard to grow my nails out (nail biter!) and so I treated myself to a shellac manicure...I LOVE it and they say it will last 2-3 weeks!!!


Thursday
Fashion statement or did she get up late?
you decided!!
I left today to meet my mom for the annual Butterfly Festival where we have a garden in honor of my Aunt.  I could not believe this lady got on the plane with ONE curler in her hair...the rest of her hair was completely straight.  weird! What was even funnier was me trying to snap the picture unnoticed!!  :)


Friday

 Visited my Aunt's garden this morning.  This is in the entrance to the garden.

Butterflies were everywhere already!!!  But it seemed like the flowers in my Aunt's garden attracted them more than any other location in the area!!!

This car pulled up next to me today.....hilarious!


Saturday
 Me and my mom in the gardens

 My cousin's little girl releasing a butterfly


Saturday
Wonder why my mom has rubber bands on her feet?
Her slippers kept falling off as she walked.....resourceful don't ya think?!



Everyone go ahead and link up!!!



9 comments:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

You are missed.

Amy said...

what a great week!
you were so close to me!!! wimberly is only a 45 minute drive from where I'm at!
your nails look awesome!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

What an amazing week you had....loved the girl on the plane. I have noticed many odd travelers and have to laugh....but then you see them at Wal-mart too and I am not meaning the ones in those emails.

semperfi said...

Loved the car & the BEAUTIFUL red flowers. Butterfly festival sound fun. I may have to try that nail thing to keep my long.

Rebekah said...

I'm glad to be back reading your blog.

The butterflies are beautiful, and that looks like a lovely garden. What a precious way to remember love ones!

I would have been like you on that plane, attempting to surreptitiously snap a photo of the unsuspecting passenger. What a strange way to do your hair!

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

You have beautiful nails!

StephieAnne said...

Those nails look beautiful - as do the flowers and butterfly garden. (But not so much the roller in the hair and eyelashes on the car!)

Looks like its been a very special week for you - hope you are able to cherish every minute of this senior year of Jared's!

Kim said...

Good job on growing out your nails! I was a nail biter for almost 40 years. My nails still don't grow very long; they always break or chip :(

What a wonderful memorial for your aunt! I love the idea of a garden that people can enjoy.

Next year when we get around to landscaping, I want to grow some plants that attract butterflies. I'll have to find out which ones here do that!

Have a wonderful week!

riTa Koch said...

Eager to hear more about 40/40.
We are at an OM Ships donor retreat in FL, soooooooo blessed hearing what God is doing. Won't be home till Monday late. May not be able to post this weekend.