Saturday, December 10, 2011

Project 365 - Week 50

 Week 50.

I can not believe we are so close to the end of the year!!!  It just doesn't seem possible!

We had a great vacation and I was able to completely relax and get refreshed.  I don't think I have laughed as much as I did the last week in a long time.  I am so blessed to have such great friends.  I also have amazing kids......while I was gone, they got all the Christmas things out and did my decorating for me.....I love them!

Here's my week:

Sunday
 The magical world of Harry Potter.
This was very cool and very well done!
 Butter beer...... sooooo yummy!!!!

 Some of the greatest friends ever!

Monday
This is my friend, Linda.  We were best friends in elementary school and she lived next door to me.  Her family moved in 6th grade.  The last time we saw each other, we were 16!!!  I was so excited to be able to have lunch with her while in Orlando!
 Of course you know that games were involved in my vacation!!!


Tuesday
 So I was a bit stressed before we left on vacation and I packed two different flip flops!

 This was my view today!
My kids called to tell me it was snowing in Little Rock!!!
Love it!

Wednesday
Today the girls hit the outlet malls and found some pretty good deals.  Then we headed out for one last dinner together.


Thursday
 We left Orlando mid morning and drove 10 hours to Birmingham.  This was our view as we came into the city!!!  The sunset was amazing. 


Friday
More driving today.  This is not the greatest picture but was pretty much what we looked at most of the day. 


Saturday
Jason and Andi came home for the weekend.  With finals next week, they spent the day studying...so that we could all play together this evening!!!!  I love having all my kids at home!!!


Well, I hope your first week of December was as much fun as mine.  However, it might not have been as warm!  :)  Now to start baking!!!




12 comments:

Amy said...

it looks like you had SUCH a great time!!
harry potter?!? i'm jealous.

Kim said...

What a fantabulous week! Looks like you had sooooo much fun.
Surprised at the lack of food photos, though -- aside from that plate of amazing nachos that has me drooling all over my keyboard right now. lol
Had to laugh at the footwear mixup :) I've worn different shoes to church (same style, slightly different color).
How wonderful to come back to a decorated house! I've about decided to forego decorating this year. Since it will probably take all week to finish getting the house back in order, and then we leave for the week right before Christmas... although it would be lovely to get home the 23rd and have the tree up. I'll just wait and see how much time/energy I have at the end of this week!
Have a great week!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

WOW! What an amazing week it looks like you had. I know you guys had a blast.

Lori said...

looks like you had lots of fun. you had great weather at least. And you we driving away on our crazy cold day.

Rebekah said...

Looks like you had an awesome week! It's so fun to get together with old friends!

That's pretty special that your kids thought to put up those decorations! They must be some great kids :D

And what a beautiful sunset!

Bellezza said...

Oh, there you are showing off your pretty toes, again! ;) That's the part that makes me the most 'jealous' of your vacation. Not jealous, really, happy for your wonderful time.

I hope the stars turned out to your satisfaction. Making thirty?! Weren't your hands tired?

Robin Lambright said...

Love, love, love the red nail polish, toe ring and miss matched flip flops....I think we should all start wearing different flip flops....start a trend!

Great week! Mine not so much...only one day this week:(.....but now that I am done with all my shopping and decorating I hope to have a better week next week!

Blessings
R

Shelly said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time and filled with relaxationn and fun. It is nice to get together with friends from years past. I have that great opportunity too.
I like it when my daughter comes home for a visit also. It makes our home "complete".

Rebecca Jo said...

I'm jealous... I want to get to Harry Potter world!!!!

riTa Koch said...

I agree with Robin--I love the mismatch. It's the 'in' thing. Kids wear mismatched socks, don't they, and mix patterns and colors.
So looking forward to meeting you soon!

The Bug said...

I agree with the others - I think the flip flops were nicely coordinated. In fact I think you should do it on purpose from now on :)

I'm glad you had such a good time - and wow about your kids decorating for you - they're great!

He & Me + 3 said...

Omgosh! I am so jealous. It is so cold here I need a vacation. Loved the pictures. How cool that you got to visit with your best friend from elementary. I am sad...I am trying to find mine on face book with no luck yet. Maybe someday.