Saturday, April 16, 2011

Project 365 - Week 16

 Week 16.

This was a great week for me.  God showed up in my life in several very personal and just awesome ways.  How amazing it is that we have a God that loves us so much and purposes to meet our every need....even ones we don't realize we have.  I love Him!!!

Here's my week:

 Sunday
 This is my friend Bill.  He had our CrossWalk kids completely mesmerized this morning with a monologue he did on Judas.  I don't think they moved an inch!!  He even grew the beard just for this lesson.  He has such a heart for these kids and I am so thankful for him!!!

Monday
 God really showed up today by putting circumstances together so that I could encourage my son who was having a bad day.  I love that my son saw very clearly that God cares for him..even in the little details.  And I saw clearly that God loves my son even more than I do....wow.

Tuesday
 Spring is so pretty in Arkansas!!!

Wednesday
Do you know what this is?
It is one of my favorite candies....caramel apple sucker!!
You can't find them ANY where any more and certainly not in Arkansas. But a dear friend found them in Texas and she shared her treasure with me......I love her!!

Thursday
No picture today.
All I had was frustration on EVERY side.
It even ended with terrible storms, 3 tornadoes and hail.
pretty much just want to skip over today.

Friday 
Went to Beth Moore Live tonight with 30 ladies from my church.  What an incredible conference!!

 Beth was amazing. 
I will be writing a post about it later but, I was blown away by how personal she was and how she moved in and out of the audience through out her talks.

Saturday
I really can't explain to you how wonderful it is to worship in one place with 8,000+ women.  It just took your breath away.  
But here is just a sample of what it was like:


It really doesn't do it justice.

After the conference, most of our group walked over the Arkansas River to the other side and had lunch at the River Market.....what a perfect day!!!


How was your week?  I am hoping Spring has finally made it to most of you!!!!


20 comments:

The Bug said...

It looks like you had a great week - I'm glad for you!

Lori said...

looks like you had a good week, well except the tornadoes and hail, but the rest of the week. hope you have a great weekend

Skoots1moM said...

great week you had...
beth is amazing in person and the singing is phenom!
glad u made it thru the storms

The Cyber Hermit said...

Your BM pictures turned out way better than mine (what do you mean she isn't a black blob?). Hope you had fun at lunch afterwards.

And yes to becoming like the cat :). I got home and Mike said to go lie down rather than go grocery shopping because I looked so tired!

Mimi said...

I'm glad that the conference was so amazing. It looks so inspiring!

Hugs & love,
Mimi

RaD said...

Sounds like your weekend was great! What a way to end the week.

I was wondering if you were somewhere in the middle of those storms.

We sell those Carmel Apple suckers in our church bookstore. I could get you a box if you wanted.

Ladynred said...

Yes it looks like a fun and great week with women!

Kim said...

Truly an amazing week for you! All that went on, plus knowing I'm you'll get to go to She Speaks in a few months :)

I think it's so cool that Bill was dedicated enough to grow a beard and put together such an enthralling program for the kids. That's some talent!

Have never heard of a caramel apple sucker but now must be on the look-out. LOL I am a huge fan of caramel apples in the fall, and of course, that's not something you find where we live now :) Will have to get my fill on furlough.

The conference sounds wonderful, and hanging out with your church buddies is like frosting on the cake!

Hope you have ANOTHER wonderful week!

LuAnn said...

Glad all went well for the conference.

And another thing we enjoy - I love those suckers. I always have one during Phils footballs games. It is a calming nerve thing.

Prayers - prayers - prayers

Happy Holy Week !!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Love Beth Moore.
I see those caramel apple lollipops here and there! When you get a craving send me your addy and I will mail you a bag!
;)

Robin Lambright said...

Great week! Our Church has participated in two Beth Moore simulcast. We don't get to experience her live and in person but both times were awesome! Was this a simulcast???

Anyway, you are so right about worshiping with a large body of Christ. It really does defy description. I always try to envision what it must be like for God to have all that worship flowing out all at once!

Great week!
R

Lisa said...

Love that hymn! I'm sure it was absolutely amazing. Thanks for sharing the video! Beth Moore has had such an effect on my life. It looks perfectly beautiful there with all your green trees.

So thankful for a faithful God who knows just what we need. How can He be so BIG and yet so personal. My human mind will never be able to grasp that.

riTa Koch said...

We need more men like Bill for our children in this generation.
And Beth Moores for our women!
Great week. Have an even better one!

McCrakensx4 said...

Beth Moore is a fav here...I bet her conference was amazing. How fun to be able to spend it with friends! And hoping your son is doing ok...it's hard being a momma! Hope you have a great week!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Your week looked amazing. I love Beth Moore. I also like E Women and Women of Faith conferences. There is nothing like being with a group of Christian women...praising the Lord!

Rebecca Jo said...

I'm so jealous... Beth Moore... I can only imagine how much of a blessing that was!

Love the picture of "judas"... things like that that bring the Bible to life really stick with the kiddos!

Bellezza said...

I would have lovedd to see Beth Moore! Also, I'll look for caramel apple suckers for you. We have them in Illinois in the fall, but that's the only time I've seen them. I'll remember, though, come October.

beckyjomama said...

Isn't Beth amazing in person? So happy that you got to go see her! Sorry you had a rough day on Thursday, but God is good - So glad you were protected!

H-Mama said...

sounded like you needed a lady's getaway, (((sara))). so glad you guys were okay. those storms were crazy this week. hubs got caught in some of it this past week.

Unknown said...

What a great week (other than the storms). I love Beth Moore's books, but have yet to go to one of her conferences.