Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Random Dozen


Well, I haven't been blogging much this week.

I am in countdown mode.....countdown to vacation on Saturday!!! And to be honest, it is about all I can think about....I am beyond ready for it. I am working very hard to focus and get everything done I need to before we leave....

.....this time next week I will be in a deck chair........


1. On a scale of 1-10, how superstitious are you, honestly? maybe a .5 ...honestly.

2. Julius Caesar is quoted as saying, "I came, I saw, I conquered." Which circumstance or experience of yours does this saying best describe? Writing our children's ministries curriculum with 3 other ladies......but it would go....I was called, I came, I saw, I conquered with God's help!!

3. If I peeked in on your day like a mischievous little leprechaun, at what time would I most likely find you blogging? in the morning and then again at night.

4. Re springing forward for Daylight Saving Time, is there anything you've ever been really early or really late for? I am typically early or on time to most things......and off the top of my head, can't come up with anything I was really late for, though I'm sure there has been something!

5. What are you most looking forward to concerning Spring? warmth!!! I love the sun and I love the hot weather! All the flowers in my yard aren't too bad either!

6. Shamrocks are the national flower of Ireland and are picked on St. Patrick's Day and worn on the lapel or shoulder. Do you wear green on St. Patty's Day? when I was younger, I wore green on St. Patty's day to keep from getting pinched...now not so much.

7. One of Caesar's assassins, Casca, said, "But, for my own part, it was Greek to me," which of course means he didn't understand something. Probably his own lines in the play. Anyway, what is something that is "Greek to you," something incomprehensible or indecipherable? It is completely beyond me how some adults act like children and then expect their children to act like adults.

8. Is March behaving more like a lion or a lamb where you live? after the tornado and hail storm we had last week....I would say lion.

9. "An extra yawn one morning in the springtime, an extra snooze one night in the autumn is all that we ask in return for dazzling gifts. We borrow an hour one night in April; we pay it back with golden interest five months later." -Winston Churchill. If you had one extra hour per day every day, what would you do with it? I am sure I would do something different each day with it...but I know I would NOT spend it cleaning!!!

10. Legend says that every Leprechaun has a pot of gold hidden deep in the Irish countryside. Aside from real gold or money, what material item would be in your dream pot of gold? maybe a kindle?

11. "The best things are nearest: breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of God just before you." Robert Louis Stevenson. Look around you right now and tell us about something essential or beautiful very near you that you take for granted every day. I have a BIG glass of water near me...it is something very essential and something that I don't really think too much about. However, I can walk to the faucet at any time and get a full glass of it, fresh and without disease. There are many people around the earth that can't do that.

12. Just for a bit o' fun, click here (www.blogthings.com/irishnamegenerator/) and then report your Irish name. Nuala O'Donovan.....how do you even pronounce that first name?


16 comments:

BARBIE said...

#2 - I work with children at my church and wish I had it in me to develop curriculum that was more centered around our culture.

#7 - This is so true! Sometimes I think I act like a child!

#11 - I have to admit I don't drink near as much water as I am supposed to. Can you believe I can go a whole day without if I am not careful. This is something I am really striving to get better at.

#12 - Lovin your Irish name!

Nel said...

Enjoyed all your answers. Water, we do take that for granted don't we.

until next time... nel

LuAnn said...

Have a great vacation - enjoy your deck chair - is this a family vacation??? what fun!! can't wait to see the pictures

SusanD said...

Loved reading your great answers. Esp #7! Have a super day. Blessings, SusanD

Mocha with Linda said...

#7 - amen! I almost put "the way some people act" for my answer!

Oh, I should have put a Kindle. I couldn't think of a thing!

Thena said...

#2, is it material that is or will be available to others?
Our church is awesome, but after spending a morning in Children's church they lack in the material department.

Joyce said...

You lost me after vacation : ) I am so ready for one but it won't be happening before May. We're trying to book something now but coordinating schedules is like putting together the Rubik's Cube. Enjoy sitting on that deck chair!

Pamela Scott said...

love your answers, I would love to have a kindle that would be a splurge :-)

Susan said...

I love love love your answers...especially #7! I'm there for you. Hope you have a fabulous vacation!

Susan

Kim said...

Vacation sounds so good! I could use a week at the house in Sta. Rosa, just relaxing with a good book (on my Kindle! -- hope you get one because it's GREAT!).
Amen to #7
The year in Africa made me more conscious of how precious water is -- but it's easy to forget when it's so plentiful. Water rationing this past year helped remind me.
No clue how to pronounce your name! A lot of Irish names look beautiful but not sure they'd sound as good. :-)

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Hi there...the tornadoes are the ONE THING about spring that I can do WITHOUT!

If I don't get to say so before you leave...HAVE A FABULOUS VACATION! Unplug and ENJOY!

Mary said...

A tornado...oh my! Hope the damage was minimal if it touched down. Those can be such scary things!
Enjoyed your answers!

Robin said...

Hello Nuala! ;-)

Happy St. Patrick's Day. I hope you have a great vacation.

Thanks for sharing your random answers. Check out my blog, I have a giveaway going this week.

H-Mama said...

Girl, I'm with you! I would not {want to} spend my extra hour cleaning. :)

Vacation? Oh. how. fun!

Jerralea said...

You're so right about the water - we take it for granted, when so many are dying from the water they drink ...

Hillcrest Cottage said...

hey...found your blog through another blog and see that you are the wife of a pastor in Little Rock. Ha...me, too.
We live in Hillcrest and have a mission church called VintageNxt.
I look forward to reading more of your blog.
I noticed that you are almost 50 (but not quite). You might enjoy this post I wrote from last summer

http://hillcrestcottagelife.blogspot.com/2009/07/about-almost-being-50-and-stuff.html