Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Random Dozen


Joining Linda for our last Random Dozen of the year!! That always sounds so weird.....last of the year! I need to start practicing writing 2010.....it always takes me a few months to get it down!

So here we go:


1. Do you find it gross to share drinks with family? Friends? Nope. I will share with just about anybody (any body I know, that is) unless you tell me you have some communicable disease......even then, if I am really thirsty I will probably do it!! And to maybe gross you out further, I will share gum, suckers.....I'm not picky!!

2. What have you learned this year? (You didn't see a question of that weight coming, did you? At least not for #2.) That God IS in control and all He wants me to do is believe He will do what He says He will do. I've also learned I am much stronger than I thought I was.

3. When do you dismantle the Christmas decorations? Between Christmas and New Years Eve. We have a New Years day open house and usually have lots of people, so I need all the room I can get.......the tree has to go!

4. Something you wish to accomplish before the end of 2009 is: finish the book I am reading. It might happen.

5. How do you feel about winter (after Christmas)? I have said many times that I am sooooo happy to be back in the south.....NO SNOW!! I do not like to be cold! I would prefer that it was summer all year long (can you guess I grew up in AZ?)

6. Have you participated in after-Christmas sales? yes.

7. Do you have plans for New Year's Eve? nope. just a quiet evening at home. We might go play cards with some friends. Our big party is the next day!

8. Is there anything special awaiting you in January? Hopefully a good start to a new year. And my baby will turn 16 on the 4th!

9. If your life this year was a movie, what category or genre would it be? (Romance, Comedy, Drama, Thriller, Suspense, Farcical, etc.) drama......enough said. I am happy to say goodbye to 2009.

10. How much time per day do you spend blogging? Please do not lie. I will know. I have no idea. I get on first thing in the morning and then again at night. Sometimes I get on during the day too. Hmmmmm, probably way too much time.

11. Who runs your household? Wow, let's see. Steve pays all the bills (woo hoo!), I take care of "the family", we both share in big decisions......so who runs the household?.......both of us?

12. Share one hope/dream for 2010.That I would be able to trust God completely and that in doing so, I would not worry about the things I can't control or are not important in the grand scheme of things.

Happy New Year ya'll!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jamie said...

Amen to #12...I want that too.

Joyce said...

Happy birthday to your 'baby'...and Happy New Year too! I like your hope/dream...I feel the same.

Sara@iSass said...

"I may finish the book I'm reading."
*sigh* Et tu Brute'?
Love your answer for #12

Kim said...

Amen to #12 :-)
Sounds like a great New Year's Day celebration -- food, family & friends, and fun!
Happy b-day to your "baby" hahaha
Bet he just loves being called that. I told my kids when they're in their 70s and I'm in my 90s, they'll still be my babies :-) Just the way it is!
Happy New Year's!

Mocha with Linda said...

Great answers - well except #1! Drinks are one thing - gum and suckers? Ewwww!

Happy New Year!

StephieAnne said...

Such great questions and answers....

I didn't realize this was such a hard year for you..I'm hoping 2010 is a banner year!!!

H-Mama said...

Oh... and how I wish we had more cold. Our summers are nearly unbearable and the mosquitoes are just plain cruel.

I second Jamie... Amen to #12! Hoping 2010 will bring you and your family an abundance of joyful memories!!

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Hello, Sarah. My name is Chel. Have I met you before?

ha ha...I've sure missed you! (my bad, as my oldest would say). I didn't realize you had such a rough year. I should have known that! Duh. New year, new beginnings, and faith like wings, right? That's it.

Hope your party goes well...and Happy New Year! {hugs}

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Sheesh, I even forgot to spell your name correctly. I'm terrible. :-(

Cathy said...

Love your answers except #1. You share gum and suckers, Yuck! Actually my oldest will do that too. Sorry not me.

Debbie@Like a Rose said...

I used to have a New Year's Day party. It was always a lot of fun. Hope your open house is great.

Have a blessed New Year.