Saturday, January 31, 2009

The sound of a friend......is beautiful!

Yesterday, I had the joy of actually talking to one of my blogging friends!!   You know, you feel like you really get to know the people on the other side of your screen.  You see pictures of them, learn about their life, see their heart in their writing.....

,,,,...but what do they sound like?  Will their voice match their picture?  Will it be as I imagined?

Ohilda at Bouquet of Blessings has touch my heart many times in her blog.  Most recently with her posts on abortion and a particular little boy named Angel.  If you haven't read it, you need to

 But Ohilda and I have many other things in common......most importantly, our love of 24 and Jack!!!!  Since moving to LR, I have not found any other people who love 24 and want to talk about it.   You see, you have got to try to figure out who is bad, who is good and what Jack will do next!!!  When an episode is over, you just have to talk about it!!  Hence, my asking Ohilda if I could call her!!!  We had the best conversation, contemplated Jack's future, but I think what  I loved the most was talking about our mutual love for our Savior!!!  We are sisters, sisters in Christ!!!  I love that!!

And in case you were wondering...........She sounds exactly as I pictured!!!!

Then to top it off, Ohilda passed on a wonderful award to me today!!


Thanks!!!  I am so blessed by the friendships God has brought my way through blogging!


"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find friends and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships will be propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly- written text into the body of their award."

I have so many friends I would like to give this to.  So many of you bless my day as I read your blogs and all of you have become friends.  But I am going to send this award on to:


I know there is only 5 and the award says 8, but I am tired and my brain is done!!!  Love you guys!!

Photobucket

7 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I am so honored that you thought of me. I have this award on my sidebar, and I will proudly add your name. Thank you!

Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

I checked out Ohilda's blog and was very impressed. It is amazing how so many of us have things in common no matter our ages. Nothing like being a child of God, a wife, a mother and a grandmother

Mocha with Linda said...

Oh, you made my day!! Thanks so much, sweet friend! You've touched my heart more than you could know.

Anonymous said...

I thank you for the friendship you've extended to me! I talk about my friends from blogs like I would any of my other friends. Trying to explain that to people who don't blog is like to trying to explain the ocean to somebody who has never set foot out of the desert. They just don't get it.
Abundant blessings back at ya!

Sara@iSass said...

What a sweet award. I never would have guessed the friendships I have made when I started blogging.
It is also fun to share a favorite "something" with someone. Rach and I like the Bachlor! And of course there's Lost too!

Ohilda said...

Sara,

You are so sweet and while I truly enjoyed speaking to you yesterday, I'm so glad it wasn't after I read this post. Then you'd see what a sap I really am because I'm sitting here crying.

Thank you!! I am humbled by your words and look forward to many more Jack & Jesus chats in our future! :)

Love ya,

Ohilda

Rach@In His Hands said...

How fantastic that you got to talk! That's so great. :-)