Wednesday, October 1, 2008

OK it wasn't so bad! It was actually very fun!

Linda, thank you for putting together "I see what you're saying"!

I have to say that it caused me a lot of stress leading up to it and pushed me right out of my comfort zone......but, it was not bad at all! And it was so much fun going and visiting new blogs and seeing their videos. I laughed so much!! I hope you will make this a regular event because now I have a gazillion ideas of what to do next!!!

On my last Friday Fill-ins, several of you asked me when and why I was going to Italy this month. Here's the story:

About a year ago, I was telling my mom that I really wanted the two of us to go on a trip together. My parents live in Arizona and I am in Arkansas, so we don't get to see each other as much as I would like. For those of you who don't know me, my mom and I have coffee together on the phone most every morning! We have done this for years. But I have been missing "alone" time with her and we both love to travel. My mom responded by asking me where we would go? Jokingly, I said ITALY. I have always wanted to visit there.

Well, last spring my mom surprised me with a trip to ITALY!!! But the surprises were not done. If you have known me long at all, you know that I love to cook and I love to cook Italian.

I am a huge Food Network fan!

Anyway, my mom called me one day and said "Sara, I can't figure out how to keep this a surprise because I need your help setting it up (she doesn't use a computer...at all)......

I am taking you to a cooking school while we are in Italy!!!! "

Ya'll, I think the neighbors heard me scream!!!

Can you believe it? Not only was my mom taking me to Italy, but she was focusing the trip on something I love! ...... yea, she's wonderful like that!

So, here is the final deal: We leave Oct. 21 for Venice. We will be spending 3 days there sighting. Then we will travel by train to Florence where we will be picked up and taken to a Farm in the countryside of Tuscany for our cooking school. We will be learning recipes that have been handed down in this family for generations.......my kind of cooking! After the school, we will be spending 3 more days in Florence before coming home.....I get to spend my 48th birthday in Florence, Italy. It doesn't get any better than that!

Every place we are staying has internet capability, so my hope is to blog my way through the trip so ya'll can enjoy it vicariously through me!!! I know it's not the same, but hopefully it will be fun!

God blessed me with wonderful, loving parents. But as I have grown older, I have also been blessed by the fact that my mom is also my friend. We are going to have so much fun together! As my parents get older, these times become more and more precious and I can't wait to sit in a little cafe in Italy and visit with my mom!

So that is it....the rest of the story.

What about the family you say? Well, this is the best part about having teenagers....they are fairly self sufficient so you can leave for extended periods! And I have an amazing husband who is more than willing to let me go.......of course he is way looking forward to what I will be cooking when I get back! It's a win/win situation!!

And by the way, many of my friends have asked to be adopted by my mom over the years................sorry................she's mine!

Photobucket

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! That sounds like so much fun! I plan to check in on you and find out how your trip is going. I am sure it will be a blast!

Tori said...

Now that's AMORE!!!!

Anonymous said...

WHOA - cooking school in Italy?!?!?!?!

I am BURNING with jealousy over here!

Please take tons and tons and tons of pictures while you are there!!!

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

I___AM___SO___JEALOUS!!!
Will you start an Italian Secret Recipes blog? Please do!

Ohilda said...

Sara,

Thank you for becoming "a follower" on my blog!

I have to say that I am still laughing when I think about your skunk story. TOOO FUNNY!

Your trip to Italy sounds amazing and I look forward to following along and living vicariously through you! Hubby and I have been dying to go to Italy for a while now, but with a 2, 3 and 4 year old...it'll be quite a while before we do.

Blessings,

Ohilda

PS We, too, are huge Food Network fanatics. :)

shell said...

okay i am trying so hard not to be JEALOUS!! you must blog so we can pretend we are there and teach us some fabulous recipes!!!! what a fun mom!

Jackie said...

Are you kidding??? That is amazing! Looks like I found your blog just in time so that I can follow along with your cooking journey. Not quite the same as being there, of course, but I'll take it! So thrilled for you.

Jamie said...

WOW! I'm sure this will be an amazing trip! And, what a sweet mom you have! I hope it works for you to blog while you are away...I would love to follow along.