Monday, October 13, 2008

Fall into Flavor
















I love the cool weather when I can start using my crockpot more and pull out the chili recipes!!  This following recipe is our family's favorite (meaning we all five love it and will eat it) and we found it while living up in Amish country.  For those of you that need a "balanced" meal with vegie, etc....you might have to add something to this....it is a starch fest, but deeee-li-cious!!

Amish Chicken and Noodles

1 whole chicken or chicken pieces
3-4 Tbls Jameson (or equivalent) chicken soup base
Remes frozen egg noodles
julienne carrots
potatoes

Boil chicken with salt and pepper till done.  Take out of liquid and cool to debone.  Add to water: noodles, carrots and soup base.  Simmer on low till noodles are done.  When cool enough, debone chicken and cut/tear into pieces and add to pot.  As it cooks, it will thicken up. taste to see if you need more salt/pepper or soup base. Before serving, make some homemade mashed potatoes.  Serve chicken and noodles over a big scoop of mashed potatoes!  enjoy!!

For more great fall recipes, go to Linda's blog!!


Photobucket

6 comments:

Merrie said...

What a great comfort food! I'm not familiar with the soup base or noodles... where do you find them?

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

What I'm so excited about in this meme is that nearly every recipe, about 99%, I think, "I could make that!" I wonder if I can find those specific ingredients here in Indiana. Thanks for contributing! And stay tuned for a post in which I mention your replies sto the questions about jobs and TV!

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

THIS...I must try. I've made a promise to DH (who will be home very late everyday this week) to have something waiting in the crockpot. This is Thursday's :-)
THANK YOU!

Jules from "The Roost" said...

YUMMIE! Sounds so good. Thanks :)

Jackie said...

This sounds fantastic, like the ultimate comfort food. The air is crisp and chilly tonight and a big dish of this sounds perfect right now.

Anonymous said...

That sounds so good and perfect for Fall!