Monday, September 1, 2008

Weekend + family = perfection!

As Labor Day approached, I have to admit that I was a bit down.

You see, I am a people person. I love to spend my holidays with friends. For as long as I can remember, we have either been camping with friends, at the lake with friends, or at a BBQ with friends on Labor day. Do you see the common denominator?.......friends!!

This year, we didn't have any plans for the weekend. And it has been such a crazy summer, that I didn't feel up to planning something....unusual for me....but yet, the thought of not having a BBQ to go to on Labor Day had me at little sad.....although not sad enough to plan something!

But you know what......we have had an awesome weekend...spending it together, relaxing and getting projects done. The only thing truly missing this weekend was Alyssa.....we miss her a lot!

Here are some pictures:
Jared and his dad are staining wood to build him a loft bed in his room. We won't talk about the fact that we bought this kit in January and are just now getting around to working on it!


Staining is almost done. They will be sealing it today and then building in later this week or next weekend....finish product pictures to come!


Jason got up this morning wanting biscuits and gravy. So, we spent the morning in the kitchen learning how to make biscuits and gravy from scratch!

This was so good.....if I do say so myself!!! The perfect start to the day! The boys are going to be mowing our yard and the neighbors and then we are all going for a family swim in the pool!!

perfect!




Photobucket

No comments: