Thursday, January 3, 2008

One Year!

It is hard to believe that it has been a year since we moved to Little Rock! This time last year, our moving van was pulling into the driveway and we were unpacking and settling a new home!! Now I am sitting here in my beautiful home amazed at all God has done for us this year!

On Christmas day, I asked my kids to tell me the best thing and the worst thing that happened to them this year. My disclaimer was that you could not use the move as the worst thing, because we all had to move. It was so neat to see the kids come up very quickly with the best things that happened to them, but then have to think about the worst thing. It was a great opportunity to see that some times what seems bad at the time ends up bringing us the best! It is so cool how God works that way and even better that my kids can realize it!!

We had a great New Year's Day open house!!! I was expecting about 10-20 people. That's about how many came our first year in IN....not so much! We had 50-60 people here!! It was soooo fun! I was very glad I had decided to make the BIG pot of black eyed peas!!! It is great to know that this tradition we love will continue here!!!

So, today I am spending it taking down Christmas...ugh! I wish I could just snap my fingers and it would all be put away!!! Hopefully, I will be able to enlist some of my kids to help! I will also be planning a birthday party that is tomorrow....nothing like waiting till the last minute!!! jared will be 14 tomorrow and his birthday seems to always just slip up on us!!!! He has decided that he wants a Red Velvet Cake, so I will also be baking!!!

....guess I need to get busy!

No comments: