Monday, August 20, 2007

She's a full fledged college student.....

I just got back from taking Alyssa to college..........I am physically and emotionally exhausted!!!! The college is great. We got her moved in easily, they had guys waiting in the parking lots to help you carry your stuff in!!! Her RA came up to me and told me that she had prayed over each room on her floor....how cool is that?! Alyssa's roommate is great. Very much like Alyssa and I think they will be good roommates! But......saying goodbye to her was horrible for me. Even though I know she is ready and will be fine, I couldn't help but feel like I was feeding her to the wolves......I miss her already!! Here are some pictures of the weekend........The kids before we left......I think the boys are already missing her....really!
This is her room before it was put together. She is building a desk chair
This is Alyssa's roommate, Jordan. She is from New Mexico.
The almost finished room!!! They added curtains and posters later. Alyssa's bed is the blue one. They raised their beds so that they could have storage under neath and put their dressers under there...great idea!!

Alyssa's desk area....

They each have a sink in their room and they have a community bathroom

The ACU campus


The new food court.....Quiznos, Pizza hut, chickfila.......not bad!!

ACU Library

This is Alyssa's dorm from the outside. So, there you have it!!! Please pray for her as she adjusts to college life, for friendships, finding a church, etc. Pray for us as we adjust to our new family dynamics. Thanks!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Oh, Sara. My heart goes out to you! I can only imagine what that day will be like. Heart wrenching already. Thanks for you sweet comment on my blog. I think you guys often. I will be praying for you as you adjust to this new chapter. I know God will bless you in ways you can't imagine.
Oh, and I'm glad you enjoyed the new RV site. It's still a work in progress - but I have to agree - it's SO much better. And I can say that because I'm not the only one who poured thought and time into it. ;) Blessings to you and yours!