Friday, October 28, 2011

Pinterest craft...

I am loving finding new craft ideas on Pinterest!

I saw this one a while ago and decided to try it....
I first wrapped a canvas with some Christmas fabric I bought at Hobby Lobby.  Then I printed out the text and decided what size I wanted it to be....
Next, I cut out the words on contact paper with my new Cricut....that I got for 50% off because it was mismarked!  Still doing the happy dance about that!!!
I then adhered the words to the fabric and then sprayed painted it with black paint.
 It turned out better than I thought it would at first.  For some reason the paint caused the contact paper to shrivel up.  so I was only able to put one coat of spray paint.  The project called for several coats so that the background was completely black and the fabric would then pop through the words.
But, I think I like it like this!!!!  
And it looks great on my red wall!!!

6 comments:

Patrice and Higgins said...

LOVE!!!!!! I want one! HA!

Nice score on the Cricut! I want one of those too!! HAHA!

The Bug said...

That is really cool!

LuAnn said...

Nice job - I am impressed !!!! I could do a new craft everyday from Pinterest !!!

Robin Lambright said...

I've been resistant Pinterest so far....I have a hard enough time moderating my time on the computer as it is, but I may have to check it out.

Very nice.

Blessings
R

debi10kids said...

Oh wow! LOVE this!

MommaCatlett said...

I found your pin and knew I had to make my own! I didn't have any holiday paper but I had the canvas and some acrylic paint so away I went. I painted the whole canvas and free hand painted the wording but I think it will make a nice addition to my meek Christmas decor.